Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great golf Good Food

If you are a golfer then this is one of the courses you Should play while visiting the Grand... read more

Reviewed April 20, 2019
LJinSC
SC
Solid 4 stars-3 Bedroon condo- 40A

We stayed for 2 nights. Check-in is at a seperate location about 10 minutes away. Our 3 bedroom 3... read more

Reviewed July 5, 2018
ebonyeb
Durham, North Carolina
via mobile

All reviews pro shop grand strand sand traps condo courses bart golf porch clubs rounds management
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2015

What a disappointment! Cart path only, played as a single after person they were supposed to pair me with never showed. No information about why i was being delayed until 10 minutes after my scheduled start time.Sent me out on 10 and in spite of a lot of back and forth with the cart, i was done in 90 minutes. At the turn, no one from the course was around and there were 2 foursomes in front of me. I took a ride out and found no one the 4th hole. I started there and buzzed around the rest of the front 9 in about an hour and figured to hit 1-3 last. As I approached the green on the 9th, I got into a disagreement with the starter who said I should have waited at the first hole. I told him that would have been miserable and and that i did him a favor by getting most of my round done and was happy with a better pace of play instead of standing around with my "club" in my hand after every shot because of the 2 foursomes ahead. I mean i was on vacation! This is resort course. He didn't seem interested in customer service at all. No consideration. I told him to forget about the first 3 holes. I Will never play this course again and will tell everyone who asks me to avoid this course. Worst experience at a MB course in 20 years of vacations playing as a single.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed July 25, 2015

Love this course and facilities. Wide fairways and nice green areas. Just standing on the porch and watching the players play the approach on the 18th hole is well worth the time. There was also an alligator on the 18th green area,which I find exotic. Everyone on the family enjoyed the round a lot and we played from different tees which worked out really nice.
The range has a real greenlike target areas and a nice grass tee. I have played for 30+ years and this is one of my favorite courses all time. Now I think my family agrees with me.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed July 19, 2015

As soon as you pull up to the clubhouse of his venue, it is obvious you are in for something special. As you enter the well appointed clubhouse the staff will greet you immediately. At the rear of the clubhouse there is a large wrap-around porch overlooking the 18th green and fairway. The view is simply spectacular. I noticed there was also a very nice dining room and bar with nice views of the course visible from glass windows surrounding the room. They have a comprehensive practice area, allowing players to hit all of their clubs a the driving range, as well as a large practice putting green. Each hole on the course is magnificent, from tee to green. The fairways are like a carpet with hardly any trace of divots. Every green was fast and pristine with very few, if any Imperfections. The waste areas and sand traps are very well kept for those hitting errant shots. There is a fair amount of water on the course, so beware of these hazards. The landscaping throughout the entire course is truly beautiful, with many flowering bushes, flower beds, and pine trees well placed for visual impact. I was especially impressed with the par 3's, as their design and difficulty were visually cool and well layer out. This by no means an easy golf course, in fact it is pretty difficult, a true test of your golfing skills. But the beauty and layout of the golf course is so awesome, even if you are not playing well, it will be an enjoyable experience. I believe the greens fees are somewhere around $100, but I managed to play with a local group and received a great rate of only $43. True Blue has been continually rated as one the top 100 courses that you can play without a membership in the U.S. Great course, nice staff, awesome golf experience !

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed June 12, 2015

Went here twice on our recent trip. Good golf course and well maintained for a resort course. Play was 4:45 which is slow, but you get that at a resort course, I am a 12 handicap and it was fun and challenging.

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank RossM364
Reviewed June 5, 2015

After the morning at Caledonia, we played the afternoon at True Blue. Grabbed a good lunch here where they got our food out quick so that we could make our tee time. Nice lunch overlooking 18th green. Much different course than the morning. Probably the biggest fairways I have ever seen, bordered by natural sand areas. Large greens with lots of undulations. Fun course to play. Greens were slow and not as good as Caledonia. I would go back without hesitation.

Date of experience: May 2015