“Fool me once... Fool me twice”
Review of Island Cafe & Deli - CLOSED

Island Cafe & Deli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We tried eating here 2 years ago and found plastic in my daughters pasta. What are the chances again- right? Just walked out of there 5 minutes ago for the exact same problem. What must the condition of the kitchen be in if there are cut up pieces of plastic in the pasta???

1  Thank Stephanie W

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've written a few great reviews of PI Cafe and Deli. Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll write a few more. There is never a visit to the USA and to Pawleys Island when we do not drop into the PI Cafe & Deli for lunch. The location is perfect for our family visits and the food/setting/staff matches the grade. We have a long history with Pawleys Island but that does not mean we'd eat somewhere inferior out of sympathy. Not gonna happen! As long as the Cafe & Deli provides the great little setting and good groceries with "smiling faces" then we're in. Find them on the main drag up the beach between the traffic light and the post office and enjoy. Well done PI Cafe & Deli.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch. We ordered sandwiches, we had, Reuben's, Roast beef with Brie, and a Turkey on Pumpernickel. We all loved the sandwiches. The place was very neat and clean, the staff very friendly. Would come back again!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We spend a week each year with friends near Georgetown. This is always one of our favorites. Prices are reasonable and the food is generally very good. The fried green tomatoes are excellent and the fried oysters are always cooked just right. A bonus is the candy shop across the street in the Hammock Shops.

1  Thank bandgatsml
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had eaten here many times years ago when visiting my inlaws who lived nearby, and came back to the area after a 10+ year absence for a family vacation. We are staying in Garden City, and after having an awful meal at Nance's in Murrel's Inlet last night, decided to get away from the bike week crowds and drive down to PI for dinner. It is really nothing to look at from the outside, and sits right next to Hwy 17, but i wasn't really interested in ambiance and location as much as just getting a decent meal! The restaurant was pretty quiet and not busy at all, and service was prompt and cordial as you would expect in this situation. We took one look at the meals being serviced to the couple next to us, and my 17 year old daughter said "I want that". She ordered the grilled chicken breast over linguine, I indulged in the Rueben Green Hamburger, and my wife had the broiled Grouper with rice and veges. All three entres were excellent, and the prices were very reasonable especially considering the prices up where we are staying 15 minutes away. We are staying for just a few more days, but I suspect we will be back again. This is the kind of place that I could eat at every night. Excellent food, good value, decent ambiance, good service. What more can you ask?