“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chive Blossom

Chive Blossom
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roanoke, Virginia
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

One of the best, if not the best, dining spots in the Litchfield/Pawley's area. I have dined here several times and it is always a treat. Loved the Nacho's and Oyster's for Apps. My wife and I split the crab cake entree and shared a dessert. Wonderful all the way around. I would recommend leaving the kids out of this one and enjoy.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank hank r

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The stir-fry lamb was the best ive had in a while and the she crab was hands down the best in the area

Lexington, SC
“Always a wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Everytime we visit Pawleys Island or Litchfield we MUST stop and eat here.
This time was another wonderful experience. Luckily we got a reservation. I had the bacon wrapped Grouper and the wife got the Red Snapper- both excellent.
The atmosphere is always very relaxing and the staff is amazing!
Will always try to eat here when in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Burke, Virginia
“Wonderful food...nice decor but noisy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I should say noisy if you go during peak dining hours. We tend to go for a late lunch and it isn't hat loud. We also try to sit in the front room. I have enjoyed every meal I have had there...the burger is fabulous. Nice flavor. I also enjoy their pimento cheese which is a bit spicy. A FAVE of my husbands is the okra cakes. You used to have to ask for them because they weren't on the menu...even though they are the chef's specialty. Well I guess so many people were asking that they just gave in and added them. I'm not an okra fan but the look of the meal with he Shrimp and tomato sauce might make me change my mind. Do ask for some bread to sop up the tomato sauce - which is a thik sauce. I usually sacrifice my ciabatta top of my burger for the okra cake eater in the party. I haven't had a dessert here (too full usually) but they look big (good to share) and decadent. Decent wine list... Can't recall if the prices were decent for the pour so they must have been or I would have remembered :-)

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kim W
Charleston, South Carolina
“Explosion of Flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

For my wife's birthday I wanted something different/special. We had eaten at Chive Blossom only once before almost a year ago and that was lunch. Dinner we had great expectations. We dined outside in their open air courtyard under the live oaks and spanish moss. Dining late, we had the place literally to ourselves.

Our waiter was very attentive but without making himself a pest. Kudos to him and the rest of the staff for understanding that fine line. He recommended one dish over another and his guidance was greatly appreciated.

We opened up with a ''starter'' of Seared Rare Tuna, vidalia onion, cucumber, avocado, shoyu glaze. Topped with Celantro and wedges of avacado, there was an amazing burst of flavors, some complex and others subtle but all complementary. The tuna was melt in your mouth yummy. A definite re-order next time.

Luckly we ordered off the ''small plate'' menu, as even the small plates could feed two. There was so much food by the end of the evening we filled a to-go clamshell. I had the make-them-yourself lamb tacos al la Greek Style and my wife opted for the Scallop Cake with spring vegetable orzo, grilled grape tomatoes, dill cream sauce. I had wine by the glass. A California Pinot Noir by Sean Minor. $9/glass was on up there but it was a health helping of wine (1.5 glasses in most other places)

Dinner, service, food and atmosphere were awesome, making this a very memorable and pleasant birthday for the wife.

• Visited August 2012