“A Must Every Pawley's Visit”

Pawleys Island Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 9, 2014

About five years ago, we began a yearly vacation to Pawley's and this tavern was recommended to us. Now, it is a "must" every visit. Very casual atmosphere, friendly service, good food, and it's interesting to look at the hundreds of dollar bills wallpapering the restaurant. People come here from all over. We usually have 7 to 12 people in our party and none has ever complained about their meal.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We read about this place on line and it's uniqueness appealed to us. We didn't expect to find really good food - just a decent burger. Were we ever pleasantly surprised! First of all, it was a shock to arrive a little after 6 on a Sunday evening and find the parking lot almost full! We were fortunate to get a table right away and decided to try the featured starter of the evening, okra in a tomato sauce over a black eye pea patty. My husband and I shared that and it was amazing. We both went for burgers - he for the psycho and me for the burger and bleu. They were delicious, perfectly cooked, and even thought the psycho was a bit overwhelming, my husband enjoyed every bite. Our waiter was excellent - friendly and attentive. Needless to say, there was no room for dessert. Perhaps next time. This is a great place off the beaten path. Highly recommended for casual dining

1  Thank spaqueen_9
Reviewed March 14, 2014

After hearing that their pizza was so great, we tried it. I can't speak for the rest of their food, but the pizza was not to my liking. Soggy crust and lousy sauce. Unique atmosphere.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great atmosphere, great food, great staff. The pizza rocks in this place. The psycho burger doesn't suck either. A must to eat at

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I try to visit the Pawley's Island Tavern (aka the PIT) at least once every week to 10 days. We have always found their food to be well prepared, well priced and very tasty. What sets the PIT apart though is its totally unique location and atmosphere. I am not even going to try to describe it. The PIT is a bit hard to find but I'm sure most dinners would say that the experience is well worth the effort. Their crowd seems to be mostly regulars like ourselves. We'll continue to go back as often as we can.... and that is not something that we say very often.