“Little town diner with great food and value”

Litchfield Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Would highly recommend this for a good economical breakfast. Great portion at a great price. The food was good and the staff was friendly!

Reviewed April 30, 2009

I visited this place yesterday, loved the vibe. The menu is broad, selections are all quite reasonably priced. I had an omlette with bacon, cheese & onion accompanied by their wonderful home fries, whole wheat toast and tons of coffee in a sizeable mug. The staff prepared my entree well, kept me happy throughout my leisurely visit. As I dined, there were several regulars who were quite happy to be doing their usual routine. Many others arrived mid-morning and all were treated well. Next time, I'm trying the fish & grits. Sounded yummy. Quality ingredients and condiments accompany every order, and this indicates the pride they take in their business.

There's ample parking at an intersection on this busy part of Pawley's on the north end. There are at least 3 newspaper racks outside, even the Charleston Post & Courrier. Current management has had the business for just over a year, but no compromise in quality can be noticed.

Go early, come late, machts nichts! They open at 6:30 M-SA, close at 2 M-F, 1 on Sa--CLOSED Sundays! If you already had breakfast, they do lunch too. Call ahead for any concerns (843) 237-4414 or questions. At no time was any staffer too busy to answer questions and serve me with courtesy and charm.

The decor is simple, not fussy. The mood is calm and friendly. There's enough staff to meet a busy shift, too. It would be difficult to spend $10 for a full meal, too. All this, and smoke free--what's not to love. There aren't many breakfast options in this part of the Grand Strand, so I'm happy not to have to search farther north. Food arrives hot and quick, but you can linger as long as you like and the service continues right through the check out without any lapse in attentiveness. Sw-e-e-t! I'll definitely keep coming back.

1  Thank Euro-lust
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 15, 2009

Go-to for quick inexpensive home style cooking.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 18, 2008

They have the best breakfast and the friendliest servers. I love their home fries. We've had their eggs, pancakes, grits, bacon, sausage, hashbrows, and home fries. It is always so fresh and hot. I've never tried their lunch, we just come for breakfast each summer while on vacation. It has been a tradition for our family for years now. It is now fully smoke free.

3  Thank terry3