“Beautiful - Big Suite”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful - Big Suite”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here during our wedding and had a wonderful time. The whole property was beautiful and we were especially impressed with our huge King Suite. We had everything that we needed and the front desk people we really helpful and great with us!

Room Tip: Go for a suite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ali C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My family of 4 stayed at Pawleys Plantation for 7 days in July 2012. We stayed in a beautiful 4 bedroom villa on the 15th fairway, which we rented direct from the owner. Since we rented from an owner, we only interacted once with Dora, a member of their staff. The website indicated they rented bikes, so I planned to rent one adult bike and one child bike for my daughter. Unfortunately they did not have any child's bikes available. But Dora explained that we could rent one from their sister site, Litchfield by the Sea. She took the time to call over their to verify they still allowed a Pawleys Plantation guest to rent from them, verified their hours and what forms of payment they took, and then explained to me where to go once we entered that resort. Excellent service, especially considering that we didn't rent through the resort.

We didn't eat in their restaurant but used both the pool and the driving range. We usually had the pool to ourselves when we arrived before 11 or went in the evening. Unfortunately the course had just been aerated so my husband and daughter elected to play elsewhere. But they did use the driving range most every day, finding the range balls reasonably priced.

The neighborhood was beautiful with lots of shade, which was much appreciated in the July heat. This appears to be mostly a residential neighborhood, with some owners renting out their homes to vacationers. It was an excellent laid-back community with wonderful restaurants readily available in Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet. The Pawleys Island Beach (with free parking) is a quick 5 minute drive, and we drove to Huntington State Beach Park in under 15 minutes.

It was a great week and I highly recommend this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mljindiana1969
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The grounds were beautiful, the streets were lovely, the course was terrific especially the back 9 where you were out on the marsh and could hear the ocean.

Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed in this resort the week of May 21st for one night. The staff were friendly and efficient, we even managed an early check in. Our condo/suite was right on the golf course and we took advantage of sitting on the screened in porch and enjoying the scenery. It is especially nice in the morning to watch the golfers and listen to the birds. Very peaceful. The planation is very beautiful with flourishing plants and tree lined streets. We had a king bed suite and although we had a separate kitchen, we did not cook. If I had realized what a great place this was, we would have booked for more than one night. We will definitely stay here again when visiting South Carolina. The suites could use just a bit of updating, but were delightfully designed in plantation style.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Pawleys Island
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great place, clean, beautiful grounds, excellent staff. My complaint is not with the facility but with the people who stayed in the unit next to us. They had 4 children, all of an age where the children could have been put to bed or at least expected to be quiet after 10:30 at night. I find it unacceptable to allow one's children to jump on beds repeatedly anywhere. My husband and I have 9 children, we have traveled with them extensively, inconsiderateness is not an option.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

NC
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our first trip to Pawley's Plantation, and we were impressed with the drive to the check in area with the tree-lined streets, nice homes, and the golf course winding through the properties. Check in was fast and efficient, and Shay was really great. Our only problem was our first room. I had reserved a room on Priceline, and the room was the smallest hotel room I have ever been in. It had no water glasses, no ice bucket, and no way to get any ice. I suppose it would be OK for an extra room for family when you spent most of your time with your family in one of the suites or villas. I went back to registration to get the reservation changed to one of the suites. I found that I could get a suite for only $11.00 more than I paid for the small room. I had booked in through Priceline, and they were able to get the reservation changed. The suite was fantastic! Large living room and full kitchen, a screened in porch off the living room, and a spacious bedroom. The screened in porch was shaded, and it was nice and cool while sitting there watching the golfers play through. There were only a couple of downsides - They need to update their televisions; ours were about 23" old style TVs. I haven't seen one of those in a hotel in several years. Also, the wireless internet was not good. We had a cable modem and wireless router in the room, but the router was a early to mid-2000s vintage, and sorely needs replacing. Overall, we had a great visit and would definitely stay there again. The on site restaurants were good, and not pricey for a beach resort. I found all the staff there friendly and helpful, and we needed their help with a problem we had with a locked door, and they came right away and took care of it.

Room Tip: Only stay in a suite or a villa - The small rooms are claustrophobic!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill F
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have been to Pawley's Plantation several times, and this time was a bit of a disappointment. The first thing I noticed is that we received no housekeeping our first morning, and then the next day no one came again. Also, they no longer have towels by the pool. I know this is not a huge complaint, but it definitely is an annoyance considering most every hotel has poolside towels. One of the major annoyances was having a man on a ladder climbing up the backside of the condo come wash the roof at 10 am, with NO NOTICE! I understand that these things need to get done, but a little notice about things like this would be nice. Negatives aside, I still love this place. It still has beautiful condos and beautiful views, its just disappointing to see a place like this take a turn for the worse.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pawleys Island
Surfside Beach Resort
Surfside Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Surfside Beach
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina

Been to Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club? Share your experiences!