“Golfcourse Paradise”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Colorado Springs, CO
“Golfcourse Paradise”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed in this resort the week of May 21st for one night. The staff were friendly and efficient, we even managed an early check in. Our condo/suite was right on the golf course and we took advantage of sitting on the screened in porch and enjoying the scenery. It is especially nice in the morning to watch the golfers and listen to the birds. Very peaceful. The planation is very beautiful with flourishing plants and tree lined streets. We had a king bed suite and although we had a separate kitchen, we did not cook. If I had realized what a great place this was, we would have booked for more than one night. We will definitely stay here again when visiting South Carolina. The suites could use just a bit of updating, but were delightfully designed in plantation style.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pawleys Island
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great place, clean, beautiful grounds, excellent staff. My complaint is not with the facility but with the people who stayed in the unit next to us. They had 4 children, all of an age where the children could have been put to bed or at least expected to be quiet after 10:30 at night. I find it unacceptable to allow one's children to jump on beds repeatedly anywhere. My husband and I have 9 children, we have traveled with them extensively, inconsiderateness is not an option.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

NC
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our first trip to Pawley's Plantation, and we were impressed with the drive to the check in area with the tree-lined streets, nice homes, and the golf course winding through the properties. Check in was fast and efficient, and Shay was really great. Our only problem was our first room. I had reserved a room on Priceline, and the room was the smallest hotel room I have ever been in. It had no water glasses, no ice bucket, and no way to get any ice. I suppose it would be OK for an extra room for family when you spent most of your time with your family in one of the suites or villas. I went back to registration to get the reservation changed to one of the suites. I found that I could get a suite for only $11.00 more than I paid for the small room. I had booked in through Priceline, and they were able to get the reservation changed. The suite was fantastic! Large living room and full kitchen, a screened in porch off the living room, and a spacious bedroom. The screened in porch was shaded, and it was nice and cool while sitting there watching the golfers play through. There were only a couple of downsides - They need to update their televisions; ours were about 23" old style TVs. I haven't seen one of those in a hotel in several years. Also, the wireless internet was not good. We had a cable modem and wireless router in the room, but the router was a early to mid-2000s vintage, and sorely needs replacing. Overall, we had a great visit and would definitely stay there again. The on site restaurants were good, and not pricey for a beach resort. I found all the staff there friendly and helpful, and we needed their help with a problem we had with a locked door, and they came right away and took care of it.

Room Tip: Only stay in a suite or a villa - The small rooms are claustrophobic!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill F
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have been to Pawley's Plantation several times, and this time was a bit of a disappointment. The first thing I noticed is that we received no housekeeping our first morning, and then the next day no one came again. Also, they no longer have towels by the pool. I know this is not a huge complaint, but it definitely is an annoyance considering most every hotel has poolside towels. One of the major annoyances was having a man on a ladder climbing up the backside of the condo come wash the roof at 10 am, with NO NOTICE! I understand that these things need to get done, but a little notice about things like this would be nice. Negatives aside, I still love this place. It still has beautiful condos and beautiful views, its just disappointing to see a place like this take a turn for the worse.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Everything about this place was grand.....except the room! You can't miss the expansive brick entrance gates on 17. The guard will direct you to the club house which looks like a historic plantation home. The long drive through the grounds to reach it was gorgeous and made me wish I was there to play golf. Check-in was a breeze. We were carefully directed to our room which was a short drive around the back of the club house. The building was two story and set in a quiet wooded area. Our second-floor room was disappointing after all that beauty. Not really big enough for the two queen beds; an AC system that startled me awake each time it roared on; a shabby out-dated bathroom; the one window looked out at our huge front porch with no furniture on it (can't understand that one!); Styrofoam cups for coffee; no information about breakfast anywhere in the room. " A least its not a Motel 8" was what came out of my companion's mouth. I think next time it will be.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte ,NC
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Loved Pawleys Plantation, the villa was clean really nicely decorated has a great screened in porch and a great view of the golf course.
My only complaint was Dora on the reception when we checked out. The other two ladies were lovely and sweet checking in but she was very rude when we checked out. I also heard her talking to a guest who wanted to extend his stay she just told him him room was already booked but did not offer any alternatives for him. Sullen. Also only bikes for adults not children.
Other than that, I would recommend to anyone :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We did not stay at Pawleys Plantation but two days but they were delightful. The rooms were well
worth the money, the scenery and golf course were fantastic. The best thing about Pawleys, however, is the people. Grade A customer service and southern charm. We will definitely be back next year

Room Tip: We were advised to always ask for specials. The rates are very negotiable
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Georgetown/Near Georgetown Marina

Been to Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club? Share your experiences!