Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club
Rodeway Inn(Pawleys Island)
Budget Inn(Georgetown)
Rodeway Inn(Georgetown)
View Hotel
All reviewstee boxin great shapebedroom villasouthern hospitalitymyrtle beachsouth carolinateesmarshfairwayscoursesgolfconditionpacecommunityaccommodationsmicrowavecharleston
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our first trip to Pawley's Plantation, and we were impressed with the drive to the check in area with the tree-lined streets, nice homes, and the golf course winding through the properties. Check in was fast and efficient, and Shay was really great. Our only problem was our first room. I had reserved a room on Priceline, and the room was the smallest hotel room I have ever been in. It had no water glasses, no ice bucket, and no way to get any ice. I suppose it would be OK for an extra room for family when you spent most of your time with your family in one of the suites or villas. I went back to registration to get the reservation changed to one of the suites. I found that I could get a suite for only $11.00 more than I paid for the small room. I had booked in through Priceline, and they were able to get the reservation changed. The suite was fantastic! Large living room and full kitchen, a screened in porch off the living room, and a spacious bedroom. The screened in porch was shaded, and it was nice and cool while sitting there watching the golfers play through. There were only a couple of downsides - They need to update their televisions; ours were about 23" old style TVs. I haven't seen one of those in a hotel in several years. Also, the wireless internet was not good. We had a cable modem and wireless router in the room, but the router was a early to mid-2000s vintage, and sorely needs replacing. Overall, we had a great visit and would definitely stay there again. The on site restaurants were good, and not pricey for a beach resort. I found all the staff there friendly and helpful, and we needed their help with a problem we had with a locked door, and they came right away and took care of it.

Room Tip: Only stay in a suite or a villa - The small rooms are claustrophobic!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have been to Pawley's Plantation several times, and this time was a bit of a disappointment. The first thing I noticed is that we received no housekeeping our first morning, and then the next day no one came again. Also, they no longer have towels by the pool. I know this is not a huge complaint, but it definitely is an annoyance considering most every hotel has poolside towels. One of the major annoyances was having a man on a ladder climbing up the backside of the condo come wash the roof at 10 am, with NO NOTICE! I understand that these things need to get done, but a little notice about things like this would be nice. Negatives aside, I still love this place. It still has beautiful condos and beautiful views, its just disappointing to see a place like this take a turn for the worse.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Everything about this place was grand.....except the room! You can't miss the expansive brick entrance gates on 17. The guard will direct you to the club house which looks like a historic plantation home. The long drive through the grounds to reach it was gorgeous and made me wish I was there to play golf. Check-in was a breeze. We were carefully directed to our room which was a short drive around the back of the club house. The building was two story and set in a quiet wooded area. Our second-floor room was disappointing after all that beauty. Not really big enough for the two queen beds; an AC system that startled me awake each time it roared on; a shabby out-dated bathroom; the one window looked out at our huge front porch with no furniture on it (can't understand that one!); Styrofoam cups for coffee; no information about breakfast anywhere in the room. " A least its not a Motel 8" was what came out of my companion's mouth. I think next time it will be.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Loved Pawleys Plantation, the villa was clean really nicely decorated has a great screened in porch and a great view of the golf course.
My only complaint was Dora on the reception when we checked out. The other two ladies were lovely and sweet checking in but she was very rude when we checked out. I also heard her talking to a guest who wanted to extend his stay she just told him him room was already booked but did not offer any alternatives for him. Sullen. Also only bikes for adults not children.
Other than that, I would recommend to anyone :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We did not stay at Pawleys Plantation but two days but they were delightful. The rooms were well
worth the money, the scenery and golf course were fantastic. The best thing about Pawleys, however, is the people. Grade A customer service and southern charm. We will definitely be back next year

Room Tip: We were advised to always ask for specials. The rates are very negotiable
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family