“Widest selection of beer and wine.”

Perrone's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Menu is world cuisine with a Mediterranean focus. Craft cocktail bar with a ridiculous liquor selection. 100+ beers. Incredible wine list. In-house aged usda prime beef. Sous vide cooking. Separate Tapas and small plates menu from around the world. Fresh proteins, not frozen. Local fish and beef, wild only salmon in season (NO FARM RAISED FISH!). Berkshire and Iberico pork. Organic, all natural, no growth hormones, no additives. Many gluten free choices.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

No mater what you pick off the menu, you will be able to find a beer or wine to match. I have never seen a wider selection.

I had to Kobe beef sliders. The 3 of them together made the size of a hamburger. Very tasty and topped with melted cheddar and bacon. It came with a side of duck fat fried French fries. I can honestly say they are the best fries I have ever had. Crisp outside and soft inside. Lightly salted. Also came with a side of slaw and kosher pickle.

My lunch date had the soft shell fish tacos. Described as very flavorful. Came with a la creama dipping sauce.

For dessert we split an Aztec chocolate creme brûlée. Just a hint of cayenne added to give a slight heat after taste. An awesome dessert that is worth the trip alone.

The atmosphere was very pleasant with all the art work. Wait staff very nice.

There are newer reviews for Perrone's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner there last night. We sat at the bar where we usually sit. Most wins is on a system that pours from a tap that keeps the wine fresh. K had a Cab and I had a Red Chimay Belgium ale. Unique wines and beers. We started with a arugula salad and a asparagus salad - both were outstanding. We both ordered the lobster risotto. It was creamy, rich, perfect portion and a fair amount of lobster. We finished it off with burnt sugar vanilla ice cream and the lady had a glass of sherry. Perfect meal. The owners are hands on and can be seen throughout assisting and providing answers regarding all menu items. It is not inexpensive. It the service and quality are always top notch. I would also recommend every entree cooked sous vide. Always tender and juicy.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Some of the best food we've ever eaten. Do NOT miss this place if you are nearby! Most amazing short ribs, to die for Aztec chocolate and lavender honey creme brulees.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The picture of the mussels is exactly how they look when they come out to the table. They are the BOMB. I tried them for the first time a year ago and I keep ordering them when I go back. I also love the mouth watering 96 hour short ribs. There wine selection is to die for. The personality of Steven and his lovely wife Eileen are fantastic. I love going there to eat and also if I do not have time to eat, just to sit and share a glass or two with them both. Very interesting people and so glad to see them every visit I have down in Pawleys Island. You have to try it once, to be able to say I have to go back. Thanks for the awesome experience of dining and Wine.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have been to Perrone's a dozen times over the past couple of years. I have to say that I love the upgraded space they have now. The funky art work on the walls is my favorite part. The restaurant has a great variety of food, including the much desired muscles that seem to be hard to find for some reason around Pawleys (or at least good ones). So why do I give the Perrone's only 4 stars for their restaurant? It is because the place doesn't match up. The food is top notch, however the service is sometimes hit or miss. The atmosphere is fun, but with an attempt at fancy, The prices are very high like an upscale place, however they use paper napkins. I wish they would either lower the prices, or increase the value of the whole experience. Yes, the food is really good, but I don't think the value is there.

1  Thank wm49555