“I'm Hooked On Sous Vide Cooking !!!”

Perrone's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Wine Bar, International, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Murrells Inlet, SC
“I'm Hooked On Sous Vide Cooking !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Found this charming little restaurant on Trip Advisor. We live locally but I had never heard of it. I also had never heard of sous vide cooking. Well, after having one of the best meals ever, we are converts. I already ordered the sous vide machine. Steve Perrone took time out to explain the cooking method. The duck my friend had was superb. We both
agreed that the carrots that came with the duck were the best we ever had. I also had steak tartare which was wonderful, topped with a quail egg. For dessert we had the chocolate creme brûlée which was infused with cinnamon and hot pepper. Outstanding. Do yourself a favor and visit this wonderful restaurant. You won't regret it. Can't wait to have the asparagus cooked sous vide.

garden city
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THREE CHEERS FOR TRIP ADVISOR!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Wow! That was the first word that popped out of my mouth when we first walked in! We came here based on all the fabulous things we read from trip advisor. As Linda our hostess sat us, she brought us to our table where there was a reserved sign. We appreciated seeing the reserved sign since we called over a week ago, and I never confimed it as the date drew near.The whole restaraunt is tactfully decorated. It has a comfortable, warm feeling and beautiful eclectic charm. I want to say that i absolutely love the menu. You start with an amazing choice of appetizers . The menu has two dinner listings: small plates, and large plates. Our group loves to get a few appertizers to begin with so we all can try them. We love the small plate listings so we can get a few things, for all of us to share and taste what the menu has to offer. Believe me this is the best way to eat at Perrone's because the food is so amazing, so flavorful, it's to die for! For starters we had, Garlic Shrimp. I can't explain the amazing taste, we just kept saying wow! We also started with Burrata. A freshly made ball of mozzarella with the curds forming a custard in the middle. It was seasoned to perfection. Once again wow! For Dinner we had two small plates and one large plate. A 96 hour short rib was the first one we tried, this was a small plate. It was cooked sous-vide style and it melted in my mouth. Even the carrot garnish was delicious. And I can't forget the creamy polenta under the ribs, wow! The other small dish was the Morroccan Poussin, another amazing choice. This dish could have been a large plate. Very generous. The spices and flavors were so incredible. Next was the large dish and it was Blackened Shrimp with Penne. And yet again wow! This dish was so off the charts incredible, I talked about it all the next day! Amazing! We finished our meal with an incredible chocolate cinnamon and cayenne creme brulee. Wow, that was regular creme brulee's big brother, it was awesome! And just out of curiousity, we had to taste the Bacon Ice Cream with Bacon, Hot Pepper Peanut Brittle. Wow again! Never would I have thought to create that, but thank God Chef/Owner Steve Perrone did! We can't wait to go back, I highly reccomend you go. Don't let the outside fool you, step right in and be prepared to be wowed!

1 Thank marianna g
“This restaurant can blow away most of the restaurants in Charlestown so save yourself a two hour drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We hade lunch there today and was pleasantly surprised to see the high end deli gone and a lovely lunch menu in its place. I don't like too much activity going on around me while trying to have a leisurely lunch. When the deli was there it was a bit confusing to me and hectic at times. Now it us exactly what should have always been- one of the best eclectic menus we have on this end of the beach. We shared the scallop soufflé and the triggerfish over orzo with tomatoes and a nice reduction that was perfect for lunch- not too heavy that I needed a nap afterwards but rich and flavorful to sustain me thru the rest of the work day. The scollop soufflé was perfection! Tender and melts on your mouth with a sauce that is to die for. The broth was surprisingly light and I was satisfied but not overloaded. I love this place and often spend weekends in Charlestown. I can honestly say this is a must if your gonna be in Pawleys island!

“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I met a friend for lunch and was impressed from the moment I walked in. The atmosphere is beautifully modern as well as warm and inviting. There was an eclectic group of fellow diners and while the menu is upscale in ingredients and presentation the vibe is not at all stuffy. I had the scallop cakes and they were the best I have ever had. I will absolutely recommend Perrone's to my friends and look forward to returning again soon. This time when I am not on a lunch break so I can take advantage of the amazing wine selection! Top notch.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“What a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stumbled upon this humble establishment in a small strip mall in Pawleys Island on our way to Myrtle Beach. We stopped for lunch and I couldn't resist the much touted Ruben sandwich with fries cooked in duck fat. my wife ordered the scallops. Both were absolutely fantastic. We could have easily spit the Ruben but I sacrificed for the team. My wife's scallops were the best ever and very unconventional with a cheesy but very light sauce with tomatoes and butter. High praise for this establishment coming from Charleston with all our wonderful restaurants. I will return again for dinner and am looking for any excuse to drive north to Pawleys Island for another gastronomic adventure.