“Outstanding!”

Perrone's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Menu is world cuisine with a Mediterranean focus. Craft cocktail bar with a ridiculous liquor selection. 100+ beers. Incredible wine list. In-house aged usda prime beef. Sous vide cooking. Separate Tapas and small plates menu from around the world. Fresh proteins, not frozen. Local fish and beef, wild only salmon in season (NO FARM RAISED FISH!). Berkshire and Iberico pork. Organic, all natural, no growth hormones, no additives. Many gluten free choices.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I had lunch at this quaint little spot a couple of months ago, we just stopped in to get coffee, but when we browsed the menu we decided to split a sandwich to check it out---it was great! So we went back for dinner and sat at the bar...and let me tell you, WOW! Not only is the menu unique and reasonably priced, the wine selection is outstanding, and his high end selection of beers is beyond impressive! I had the braised short ribs, and I can honestly say that I never finish a meal-I don't like to overdo it, but I had no choice in this matter! It was a losing battle. The portion was perfect and the combination of the ribs and mushroom risotto was one of the best meals I have ever had! I couldn't put my fork down! We went to dinner a little later than usual that evening, so as we were winding down so was the restaurant. The chef/owner of the restaurant came out to greet and see how the customers were doing-which I thought was impressive. Often times you don't see that anymore. He was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about not only the food, his menu (that changes quite often depending on the season and the nature of the best ingredients), the wine and the beer! I asked him how he knew so much about the details of everything and he said it comes from passion and from loving what he has done since he was 16 years old living in NY! And you can certainly taste and feel the passion in the restaurant. Not only did I have a terrific meal and experience, I left there with a fantastic piece of art as well! They spotlight a local artist who decorates the restaurant with her talented pieces. Excellent all the way around! Thank you Perrone's! We will be back!

1  Thank katie h

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We're locals and Perrone's is our regular "go to" restaurant. The moment you step inside you realize you actually could be in any major metropolitan city in the world. After you have taken in the wonderful atmosphere Steven and Irene Perrone have created, the next decision is whether to pick up a complete meal from their extensive market, relax with a glass of wine or beer at the bar or community table, or experience a truly special gourmet evening in the dining area. The personally designed, extensive menu includes small plates, speciality items, and
generous entree selections of great imagination and value. The wine selection is tremendous with over a dozen wines served by the glass, as well as, a wide variety of quality wines from around the world. Some of our favorite menu items are BLTC salad, short ribs, filet or strip steaks, crab spaghetti, scallop cake, OH and the bacon ice cream !! (to name a few)

Clearly, this restaurant is a family business run with a dedication to quality and a love of fine dining.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

As always, when we visit the Myrtle Beach area, we like to eat seafood. This year we found it very difficult to find Mussels at any of our usual spots. Contemplating our next meal, I started my research for restaurants on Pawleys Island. I stumbled onto trip advisor and looked down through the list of restaurants, reviewing each menu. There they were, right on the front of Perrone's menu, the mussels that we have been craving, we knew we would start with that! Served in a marinara sauce with white wine, garlic and red pepper flakes. They were by far the best mussels that we have ever eaten, the flavors exploding in our mouths! The waitress supplied plenty of bread to dip into the sauce, they should bottle this and sell it! We chose the first four items on the small plate list to share; scallop cake, yellowfin tuna, swordfish and crab cake. The chef strategically sent out the yellowfin tuna and sword fish first, the yellowfin was perfectly seared and delicious, the sword fish was covered in a wonderful sauce that complimented the meaty fish. When the last two dishes arrived, we honestly did not know if they would compare with the first two, how wrong were we? We started with the crab cake covered in the mustard sauce, fabulous! The scallop cake? Another perfect dish. The pictures posted of the inside of the restaurant on the site do not do it justice, the restaurant is tastefully decorated from top to bottom. Going back for more? Oh yes, and our friends and family will be sure to visit as well!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had been to Perrone's once before for a glass of wine and appetizer, and I had since been looking for the right occasion to return. Excellent wine selection, delicious appetizers (mussels and Italian fondue are my favorites), small plate options, and a broad range of fare make this a perfect choice for groups of varying palates. Our table ordered crab cakes, duck, a filet, crab soup, and salads; everyone was thoroughly satisfied with their choices and looking forward to their next visit. I had the crab cake--all crab, no filler--with wilted spinach and butternut squash puree. It was pure pleasure in my mouth. We sat at the community table, which was nice.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The place is not too big nor too small and has tasteful atmosphere. Very polite staff without the "smug" attitude that many have (we are in the south here). Nice selection on the menu for lunch and more than a plate full. Well worth trying.