“Nosh not so up to its hype”
Review of Nosh - CLOSED

Nosh
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Highway
Description: Pawleys Prime is tucked away under the live oaks in the center of the Hammock Shops in Pawleys Island, SC. This previously was the location of Nosh. Now, there are three dining options including a casual outdoor covered pavilion deck with very affordable items ranging from soups and salads to pastas, seafood and meats. Cera Sushi is our sushi cafe serving all types of sushi and sashimi. Our third locale is Pawleys Prime Steak and Seafood House and is scheduled to open soon. Live big band entertainment is featured on Fridays in the Nosh Courtyard. A full banquet facility is located upstairs that can seat up to ninety for special events
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Nosh not so up to its hype”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have gone there several times and found the food to be average and the price to high for what you got. They specialized in small plates, and they were really small for what you paid. The wine was overpriced too for the brands they served.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Anthony F

SC
“Avoid the Stuffed Flounder”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I dined at Nosh for the first time with seven friends last evening. I had the Flounder stuffed with crab meat. While it seemed to have a strange taste to it, I thought perhaps it was the preparation. During the night I became violently ill. Since I was the only one that had the flounder' I truly believe that was the problem. The restaurant thanked me for calling and telling them about my experience but offered nothing else.

1 Thank ChiefEd
Prospect, Connecticut
“A Thanksgiving Dinner on vacation - a wonderful experience!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I recently vacationed by ourselves (no family or children) during Thanksgiving week in Murrels Inlet SC. This was the 1st time we've ever not been with family on Thanksgiving, so we were a little bit down and hoping we could find a decent restaurant that was open and serving a turkey dinner! We had been shopping earlier in the week in the Pawley's Island Hammock shops (that's for another review) and noticed Nosh but didn't eat there that day, but the place looked charming. We took a shot that they would be open on Thanksgiving, turns out they were and we made reservations. What a wonderful experience! We were greeted warmly at the door, as if we were visiting an old friend's house. Part of the restaurant has a homey almost new england feel to it, and another part is more open like a closed in veranda with a view outside. We opted for the latter. The menu was price fixed with a choice of Turkey, prime rib or Ham, and a choice of vegatables - mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread stuffing, green beens, or collard greens. Dessert choices were apple pie, creme brulee and a third which i can't remeber. We opted for the traditional turkey dinner and we weren't disappointed. Very healthy portions and absolutely delicious! A nice bottle of pinot noir added to our enjoyment. The waitstaff was quick, super pleasant and very helpful. Just a wonderful dining experience! We'll definitley eat at Nosh again on our next visit south!

1 Thank mac52ct
Fort Mill
“Great Discovery!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband found a write up about Nosh and wanted to try it. Boy, am I glad we did! We drove four hours to get to Pawley's Island for a two night beach//golf getaway. Well, the weather changed all that. No beach time, no golf -- but our dinners on both nights made up for it. The staff at the restaurant were cordial, professional and great to talk to. April took good care of us and the owner was very pleasant! By the way, when April told us about the evening's special, she quoted the price. I appreciate that so that I don't have to feel cheap if I ask after the description is given.(Maybe it would be something I would be interested in at $28, but not at $35, for instance.) We shared the asparagus tempura appetizer -- plenty for two -- and it was excellent. My husband had the mixed grill (steak, fish and lamb) while I had the spinach and pear salad. When we asked why our bill showed a 10% discount (not complaining, just curious!), we were told that it was Thank You Thursday -- all food was 10% off! That was a pleasant surprise! The inside dining rooms have great ambiance -- we especially liked the old brick walls and floor. Definitely give Nosh a try if you get the chance.

1 Thank trivialgal
Pawleys Island
“Very Special Treat in the Area”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I celebrated his birthday last night at Nosh. He had the grouper which was prepared exquisitely and I had the spinach and walnut ravioli with a pesto sauce and blackened shrimp. Both entrees were wonderful. To celebrate we had peanut butter pie (excellent) and key lime pie (real!) and very good coffee. Our waitress was Tonya and she couldn't have been better. Don't miss this charming treasure!

Visited November 2012