“Sea View Inn is our home away from home”
Review of Sea View Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pawleys Island
Sea View Inn
Reviewed May 14, 2009

We have been coming to the Sea View Inn for about 30 years, sometimes several times a year It is such a unique spot. We love the quiet, "getaway from it all" existence
here. We meet new friends and see old friends. There is always a interesting mix of people staying here and some folks come back each week year after year. I have come by myself several times when my husband couldn't get away and felt very comfortable with the Sea View "family". I love sitting in the rocking chairs or in the hammock on the front porch, reading, meditating, talking, or watching the sun come up, or a storm out at sea, or the moonlight dancing on the water. I love watching the dolphins and the Pawleys Island Air Force (the brown pelicans) patrolling the beach.
Brian and Sassy Henry, who own the Sea View, are so gracious as are all their staff, most of whom have been there for years and are like family to us. The three meals a day are wonderful and my husband says the only thing he HAS to do is be in front of the dining room door when the bells ring at 830AM, 115PM and 615PM. My very favorite meal is the Crab Divine for dinner on Sunday.
The ocean breezes and the sounds of the waves make sleeping a totally relaxing experience and I like to get up at first light and take my orange juice to the front porch to greet the new day. At the end of the day, I like to sit on the dock with a cup of tea and watch the sun setting over the creek.
We have brought our children to Sea View and now are bringing our grandchildren and they all love it as much as we do. Our son-in-law is impressed with the pancakes for dessert after breakfast (you must save room for them) In 2007 we brought the whole family- 10 of us down for Thanksgiving and it was lots of fun to share that dinner with 65 other new and old friends. There were a lot of warm feelings and love in the dining room that day.
The Sea View Inn is a special place. It's where the "real world" is, on Pawleys Island, South Carolina.

and felt so comfortable with the Sea View "family". We love sitting on the porch, in the rocking chairs, or in the hammock: reading, meditating, talking, watching the sun come up, or a storm out at sea, or the moon light dancing on the water.
We love watching the dolphins, and the Pawleys Island air force( the brown pelicans)
patroling the beach.
Brian and Sassy Henry are so gracious as are the rest of the staff. Most of them have been at the Sea View for many years and they are like our family. The 3 meals a day are the best and my husband says the only thing he HAS to do is be in front of the dining room door when the bells ring at 830A, 115P and 615P.
The Ocean breezes coming through the open windows along with the sound of the waves makes sleeping a totally relaxing experience, and I like to get up at first light and take my orange juice to the porch to greet the new day. I'm not a coffee drinker.
We've taken our children to the Sea View and now our grandchildren are coming also and all love it as much as we do. Our son-in-law is particularly inpressed with the pancakes for dessert at breakfast(you must save enough room for them ).
The Sea View Inn is very special to us and 2 years ago we went there for Thanksgiving,all 10 of us. It was fun sharing that special dinner with about 65 other new and old friends. There were a lot of warm feelings and love in the dining room that day..

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 10, 2009

Our beloved Sea View Inn is a welcome change of pace each & every year. From the moment we slip off our shoes & change into bathing suits, we're happy we've returned to this most extraordinary spot.

The open windows pull in the salty sea breezes & the aromas from the kitchen as we sink into a rocking chair overlooking the beach. Old friendships rekindle over drinks & meals as we catch up on those we've know for so many years & new guests are quickly caught up in the welcoming spirit as well.

Sea View Inn is a fabulous blend of signature southern cooking, an outgoing & loyal staff, & the best darned setting on the east coast.

Thank heavens for beloved Sea View Inn!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We began bringing our sons to the Sea View when they were (3, 9, and 12) 22 years ago. Now as mature adults they look forward all year to the wonderful southern cuisine, laid back 50's style beach house atmosphere, and fun on the beach playing Bocci with old friends. The most stressful decision I have to make at the Sea View is whether to read my beach book in the hammock, on the beach, or in my oceanfront room( room 9) while listening to the sound of the soothing surf. Get the picture? Margaret Harrison, Clemmons, NC

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Where to start? Our family has been coming to Sea View for our Summer vacations for~30 years. The day we arrive is the happiest day of the year. The day we depart is the saddest. It is one of the few places in our rapidly changing and demanding world where time stands still. No cell phones allowed in common areas, no tv, no ac, just the ocean and a great, uncrowded beach, the salt marsh, a cozy dinning room that is the best place in the world on fried chicken day with the sea breeze blowing through. As close as you can get to owning or renting but a much better economic value AND great staff serves you three good and ample meals a day. No shopping, cooking, etc

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Sea View Inn is the very definition of a vacation. It quickly reminds you that it is the simple pleasures in life that are so important. It is a place where happy memories are so easily created, and lasting friendships so easily formed. One can go to Sea View and truly have a vacation from the rigors of every day life. No cooking, cleaning, or making beds, just relaxing & enjoying the things you never seem to have enough time to do. The food is wonderful and included! The staff is happy, caring, and most accommodating. I have taken my family every summer since our first child was a year old, and will continue to do so until I am an old man, God willing.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2009

the inn is one of my to favorite places to vacation. We have been going for the same week for the past 23 years . There is a group of families who we meet every year for the same week and we have watched are children grow up together at the beach. It's like a family reunion only your not related and you don't see each other any other time. the inn is very rustic with no TVs or air conditioning or pool, but that is a good portion of its charm as well.everything is laid back and getting dressed for dinner means a clean t-shirt and shorts.the down home cooking is delicious and the staff are all welcoming and friendly. I recommendit to any of my friends going to the beach,unless they require TVs, pools and air conditioning.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I found this little piece of heaven at a time in my life when I needed a place to relax, unwind and recharge my battery. Wonderful people, great food and a beautiful old time ocean retreat is what I found. This Phiily Girl was taken in and welcomed like a member of an old southern family. My mother and I go back twice a year. I have met very interesting people and made life long friends. NO PHONES, NO COMPUTERS, NO HASSLES!
Plenty of ocean views, wonderful food and great conversations. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
The Inlet Sports Lodge
#2 of 6 in Murrells Inlet
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area

Been to Sea View Inn? Share your experiences!