“Utopia, heaven on earth!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea View Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pawleys Island
Sea View Inn
Drexel Hill PA
“Utopia, heaven on earth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

I found this little piece of heaven at a time in my life when I needed a place to relax, unwind and recharge my battery. Wonderful people, great food and a beautiful old time ocean retreat is what I found. This Phiily Girl was taken in and welcomed like a member of an old southern family. My mother and I go back twice a year. I have met very interesting people and made life long friends. NO PHONES, NO COMPUTERS, NO HASSLES!
Plenty of ocean views, wonderful food and great conversations. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

I just returned from my 6th trip to Sea View Inn. Upon arriving early afternoon I was still wound up from the stresses and strains of everyday life (including cancelled flights) and the quiet of the inn (nap time for many) was a little unsettling. However, I jumped right in and took a nap. Two hours later I was sitting in a rocking chair with a glass of wine talking to old friends and drinking in the sounds and sights of the ocean - and the magic that is Sea View enveloped me in a warm and peaceful embrace. Ahhh! 5 days was too short a stay.
I count on the fact that Sea View does not fall victim to the latest trends but remains true to itelf - solid, serene, predictable, peaceful and magical. I know it will be waiting for me again next year, like a trusted old friend.
Patricia Falvey, Dallas, TX

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Irishwriter
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

I am a single traveler, a very busy professional female that can not wait to get to the same room I have requested every year ( going on my 6th year now). In fact, I always prepay in January or February for the last full week of June.
I like the idea of no phones, computers, loud music, noisey neighbors, etc. I can get that at home in Buckhead. My favorite things to do are read out on the deck over the marsh, take a nice long walk on the beach early in the morning, go shopping at the Hammock Shops ( I always take home a treat to remind me of my trip again.) Sunday mornings there is a Church service at the Historical Church on the island (casual attire is fine).
My Aunt & Uncle stay in a house with all their Kids & grandkids on the island, and we go to Charleston, go to Alice's grave,(great history of Ghost stories here).

If you want to venture out to some of the restaurants on the Island one day, you can get a reduction for one day (or as many as you want), but it certainly is nice to go straight from the beach, to the shower, to dinner in your flip flops. and the food is very good!!!

Then at night before I am ready to settle in, I take my book and go to the deck that overlooks the ocean with the rocking chairs and hammock, take a glass of wine and just chill.
I will be at the Sea View in 47 days and I must say, the only thing I don't like, is when I am driving off the Island with a lump in my throat. But, not to worry , I have already booked my same room for next June.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank Atlanta_GAJcb
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

If you're looking for a charming, low-key place to lie in a hammock and watch dolphins swim by, read a good book, play cards with new friends, swim in a warm and gentle sea, walk on a quiet beach, eat 3 great meals a day that you never have to think about, get totally unplugged and completely unwind, then this is your place. We've been going for the past 8 years and wouldn't trade our two weeks for anything in the world.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Western North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

Sea View Inn has been called a "barefoot paradise", and I couldn't agree more. The inn has everything a single vacationer, couple or family could want: twenty rooms on the beach in South Carolina, three delicious meals per day included in the rate, plus outstanding owners and the folks that work with them. You'll have your own table in the dining room and eat great food served by attentive and friendly people. There's a bell that's rung for each meal, and although you think you couldn't possibly be hungry after the previous one, you sit down and can't wait to have another plate in front of you. Our family has been returning and staying in the same rooms for eight years and hopes to continue the tradition!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank mctavish75
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

I have been going to this inn almost every year for 26 years. The only years I missed were when I was pregnant. I almost avoided writing this review, because I selfishly want Sea Veiw Inn to stay Pawley's best kept secret! It feels like home when we pull up to the well worn steps and enter into the courtyard bursting with flowers and are greeted by the smell of fried chicken coming from the kitchen. We hug the staff, talk about how much our children have grown over the year and rush up to our rooms to unpack before "dinner". The rooms, with white starched curtains billowing with ocean breezes, and immaculately swept wood floors are like coming home to your very own spot in the world. Brian and Sassy, the owners, are amazing and we love them like family. I hope I get to go for another 26 years.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

The Sea View Inn is an old style beach house with none of the worries of ownership. You are right on the beach, all meals are included and the hospitality of the innkeepers, Brian and Sassy, is second to none. You can truly get away from it all with no TVs, one phone on the back porch and ocean breezes cooling you instead of air conditioning. We have been enjoying this South Carolina jewel for over 20 years.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Surfside Beach Resort
Surfside Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Surfside Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,325 reviews

Been to Sea View Inn? Share your experiences!