“A fantastic place to visit”

Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I have stayed at the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn for the past 35 years and I
have seen the good and the bad over the years. Over the past few years, I noticed that the hotel was in need of some repairs. My family and I just stayed at Litchfield Inn and had 4 rooms and we were very pleased with our rooms and the amount of work that had been done to repair and update the facility. Everything was very neat and clean. We were also very impressed with the staff members that were working at the front desk because they were very helpful and courteous and were very accommodating.

While I was there I met Fred (The General Manager) and Wayne (The Assistant General Manager) who were also very nice and took the time to introduce themselves and to thank me for staying at their hotel. They both told me that they had only been working at the Litchfield Inn for the past 2 months and that the hotel is under new ownership and that they are continuing to update the hotel. I was so happy to hear this because it is such a wonderful place to visit. The next day, Wayne hand-delivered a bouquet of flowers to me in my room, with a thank you card signed by the entire staff. The card read “Thank you for the past 20+ years and many more to come.”

I have brought my children here since they were young and now my grandchildren are staying here year after year, as well. It is like a 2nd home for us and we care a lot for this place. I love to stay at the Litchfield Inn and I often talk to other guests there and they tell me that they have been staying here and bringing their families to stay each year as well. There are some rooms that still need some work and that need to be updated and from what I was told the new owners are working with their homeowners to make sure that the updates and work get done soon. I love what they are doing throughout the hotel to make it a better place to stay.

I am very passionate about the Litchfield Inn and I can tell that the managers are as well. I told them that I was coming on here and posting a good comment.
It makes my heart feel good to share my happiness and my love for this
place.

I want you all to know that the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn is a great place
to stay. The scenery is breathtaking and their beach is beautiful. The hotel is peaceful and quaint and I love the ambience. I really love the Litchfield Inn and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
lfiwayne, Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to serving you again in the future

There are newer reviews for Oceanfront Litchfield Inn

Reviewed August 22, 2010

We were on a 3 state road trip of 8 days. We booked this room on the internet and had no prior knowledge of the estabishment. We arrived late from a long days drive, so we could see very little of the resort. It turns out that the resort was decent and a great location. Our horrible experience was with the room [ a deluxe 2 bedroom villa]. Two of us have a combined 45 years of hotel experience. The room we were given should NOT have been on the market at any cost. To start with a toad greeted us as we opened the door [ easily resolved ]. The following list of grievences not so easy: No handle on one of the bathroom faucets, massive stains on the drapes in another bedroom, the water ran rusty the first minute, headboard on one bed was just balanced behind the bed and attached to nothing, we had no drain plug for the tub, both faucets dripped in the tub, we had ants on the stove, towel rack missing, front window didn't lock, a couple of lamps were broke, the vent cover on the wall was hanging loose, and the thermostat was broken. Well it was late so we endured and in the morning the manager explained to us that he knew all about that room, and put the blame on the new guy at night. DUH! who trained him? They were good enough to refund part of our cost. But in all my years in this business, This room never should have been made available.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
lfiwayne, Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2010

I am sorry for the bad experience that you encountered during your stay with us. We are working hard to getting things back to where they need to be. Thank you for your review. I will forward this review to our department heads to share your concerns.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Loved my stay with all my heart! They really took care of me and my kids. Also, the inn is in a great location being right on the beach. I loved the beach bc it didnt have any shells in the sand that would hurt your feet. Also the convenience of having the cabana cafe was a plus! Definitelyh with kids that were hungry while swimming. Also, the parking across the street always had a place available. Cant stand staying were there isnt anywhere to park hour car. Everything was right at my fingertips and i loved it! thanks!

lfiwayne, Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2010

Thank you for your great response. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about our classic seaside property. I hope that the changes are slowly taking notice by one and all as we really are working hard at getting this place up to par with our standards. I would love for you and your kids to return to us soon. We are getting ready to start offering our complimentarty WELCOME HOME Hot Breakfast in the morning as an added bonus to your stay. Thank You again

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Came with a pile of family. I had been here before a few years ago. Not all were as happy as I, however, we didn't pay for the Ritz Carlton, so I did not expect such. Had a great time on the beautiful beach, they have chairs and umbrellas for rent. Two pools, one a huge baby pool. The restaurant and bar downstairs are fab if you don't want to dress and go out, and cool live music. Our room (a 2 BR) was lovely, the maids a delight, and the front desk people helpful. Give it a try, you will enjoy, a great family OR solo place. And this is for the "night guy".

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
lfiwayne, Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2010

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your review. I always enjoy hearing about our guests who enjoyed our Classic Seaside Property,

Thank you for your recent feedback and we will continue actively to work on improving service levels. I hope that you will be staying with us again so I may can show you the changes that we have in store for you. I can guarantee you that our standards of customer service will impress you on your next trip to the Grand Strand. Please contact me at Wcribb@litchfieldinn.com so I may personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

This a beautiful location with restaurants and a beach side bar. What more could you ask for? Well, better rooms! Some rooms are nice, some rooms are moldy crap! Our first stay in July, we got a decent room, this time we got mold city, so strong it burned my nose to even stand in the room! I talked to the Manager, we got a new, wonderful room for one night, had to move to another room the next night..and that's out of the room by 11AM with the maid knocking on the door to remind us that the next room was already ready so we needed to move. So, that's 3 total moves with small kids with NO discount while at this hotel 2 days. The problem with this hotel is that the rooms are individually owned and it is truly luck of the draw. Top floor rooms seem to be better in our experience. It is a shame as this is such a great location and set up...they really need to get this hotel updated!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
lfiwayne, Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2010

Thank you for your review. I hope that you and others staying with us can tell that we are trying very hard to get this great property updated to where it needs to be. We have a ways to go but we are going to get there. I know we will. I would love to welcome you back on your next visit to the area so I can show you the changes that we have made. Please feel free to call me so I may speak to you further in the matter of your room moves. Thank You again

Reviewed August 12, 2010

The beach here is awesome - wide and flat with nice waves. It's a busy beach with lots of folks but lots of fun. The employees of the Inn were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thank You for your kind words. it is nice to hear good things about the progress that we are working very hard to accomplish here at the Litchfield Inn.

I Welcome you back on your next trip to the Grand Strand area so I may show you the changes that we have made since you were here last.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed for a week at the peak of the summer season. I had read reviews prior to booking. It seemed like everyone who had stayed in a recently renovated room loved it, and those who stayed in a non-renovated room hated it. One reviewer suggested to book the room over the telephone rather than the internet in order to guarantee a renovated room. This is what I did. It didn't work. We wound up in an old room in the Tower, sixth floor. I could rattle off at least 10 things about the room that were unacceptable, but I will give you just one for instance. There is a sliding glass door that opens up to the balcony overlooking the ocean. The problem is that the track for the door is badly worn, making the door extremely difficult to open and close. If you are frail or physically handicapped, you will not be able to open and close the door. There is a large depression in the wall next to the door handle. It was undoubtedly caused by someone bracing themselves against the wall while pushing the door open. It is inconvenient and a safety hazard. The annoying part is that that problem can be quickly, easily and inexpensively remedied by experienced glass door contractors. In fact, most of the problems with the room can be quickly and inexpensively remedied. The underlying problem is that the rooms are individually owned, and not owned by the hotel. The owner of this room is not going to do anything as long as the rent rolls in. Pride of ownership is not part of the equation!

The truth, however, is that we really didn't care and didn't complain. When you see the ocean and the beach and the pool and the shining sun, and when in the evening you are out on the balcony sipping some wine and watching the stars come out, and when in the morning you are on the beach with a cup of coffee watching the sunrise, the problems with the room fade into the background.

I would go back there in a heartbeat. I wish I was there now. However, I would not recommend staying there except in the summer during beach weather.

Dear Guests,
I always enjoy hearing about our guests who enjoyed our Classic Seaside Property, but also as you know, since I am new, I do like to hear of some of the small but important things that we can fix and become even better. Thank you for your recent feedback and we will continue actively to work on improving service levels.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your opinion of the hotel by staying with us again. I can guarantee you that our standards of service will impress you on your next trip to the Grand Strand. Please contact me at Wcribb@litchfieldinn.com so I may personally handle your reservations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pawleys Island
Best Western Pawleys Island
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club

Been to Oceanfront Litchfield Inn? Share your experiences!