We stayed here the last couple of years with my parents (who love it and are regular visitors). The location is the best...right on the beach. The water is warmer than many beaches on the east coast and the sand is clean (no rocks, shells). ..good for kids. We have only stayed in the Tower - which I strongly recommend. We've stayed in , 528, 731, 728 and 531. On our first visit, we were put in a room that was very smoky and not well maintained, but the rest of the rooms (listed above) have been lovely.
The restaurant needed improvement, but it was closed this summer for renovation so maybe that is being worked on. They really need to offer breakfast. That was one of our biggest frustrations. I was told new management in place.
Find a room you like (ask front desk for recommendations maybe???). My parents have guided us since our first visit and now we stick with the rooms we know. They do not have internet access (so don't plan to work!)
It's an absolutely perfect vacation spot with kids.
Good restaurants on the island and husband loves the golf while we play on the beach. We used teetimes to book our golf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island