“Amazing Views Affordable Waterfront Inn!”

Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Greenville, South Carolina
“Amazing Views Affordable Waterfront Inn!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Yes, it's true the Inn is in need of an update and renovation. So if you want a 5 star hotel this may not be the best for you. However, you will not find a better place to stay on the beach for views and price!! If you don't want to break the bank this is the place for you. Highly suggest staying on the 6th floor corner room. Waking up to a wall of glass overlooking the beautiful ocean. Balcony to sit and listen to the waves and watch the sunrise. How perfect! And this room had a refrig, coffee maker, sink, recliner, king bed, table and chairs. Really great way to spend some down time, relax and explore Pawleys Island and the surrounding areas!

Room Tip: The corner suite on the north end, 6th floor provided great views and privacy. We didn't have a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, all feedback both positive and negative we take very serious.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Concord, NC
Reviewed February 28, 2014

What a view! Right on the ocean and so relaxing! The staff was extremely helpful and nice! The area of the hotel is very quite and clean. You will have a wonderful stay in this nice quaint Inn.
Also the manager they have Mr. Wood is professional and always willing to go the extra mile! Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel,
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, please let us know next time you are coming to the area. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.
Again thank you for your feedback and hope to see you soon!
Lake Junaluska, North Carolina
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We find the views unbeatable. The staff give personal attention to guests and go out of their way to make sure we have everything we need and are comfortable. We enjoy family trips and having long weekends just for two. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms have more kitchen equipment and facilities than others. If having a sink and anything bey...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We strive each day to provide the best customer service at Litchfield Inn. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff.
Peoria,Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I would highly recommend the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn and will be returning again. Everything from the room to everyone at the front desk was perfect. We originally had reservations for a Dunes room and were pleasantly surprised to receive an upgrade to a tower room with balcony as the Dunes rooms were being worked on. The staff was all excellent . We didn't know how to work the heat and maintenance was there in less than 5 minutes with a friendly smile. Chris, Wayne and Jonathan at the front desk were terrific. I am sorry if I left anyone out for everyone we encountered was very helpful. Housekeeping( I apologize for not getting name) was great and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. I did not hear noise from other rooms at all. For a great oceanfront room at an affordable price stay at the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will make sure to pass on your comments to Wayne, Chris, Jonathan, and your housekeeper.
United States
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The hotel has amazing potential. It has a nautical cottage feel in the rooms but the worn out, dirty and uncomfortable bed just ruined it for me. I understand that the hotel is in need of upgrades and I totally over looked that. I dealt with having to spend valentine's whispering in our room because every word can be heard through the walls. I over looked the filthy elevator, and dust mounds left in middle of floor. I also over looked the very dirty room we were given. What I couldn't over look was the flat, lumpy, smelly pillows or the bed that was so old and lumpy. It truly was the worst night's sleep of my life. The pillows were so flat that I was up almost every hour of the night trying to find a better sleep position. On night two when we arrived back to our hotel I went to front desk and asked the gentlemen for an extra pillow or two. He was very kind but he lacked concern and said he had none and that I could look in my closet or drawers. I told him my husband had already but he said again he had none. SERIOUSLY......thats all it would have taken to make my night better. How do you not have an extra pillow for your guests? So, here I am stuffing my clothes behind these horrible, lumpy, flat pillows in an attempt to sleep through the night as I fantasize about a real bed and pray I don't get sick. If I get away from the middle of tbe bed it's like an avalache off the side of the bed because of the hill. My husband tried to flip the mattress at 2am but it was even worse. I have one sheet (which doesn't seem fresh, its wrinkly and worn) to cover up with as the comforter smells, has visible stains and hair. I totally get that no one is Perfrct but to add icing to the cake I got back to the room tonight to find house keeping hadn't even touched it. My husband and I work VERY hard for our money. We saved our money and planned for months as well as arranged baby sitting services for the weekend to celebrate valentine's and his birthday and all I am doing is wishing I went with hampton. All it would have taken was a darn pillow so I could sleep.....

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Annonymous778
Thank you so much for your feedback.
I would love the chance to speak with you further about this so we can remedy this situation.
Thanks,
Jeff Wood (843) 237-4211
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the litchfield inn quite a number of times over the past five or six years. There's not another place we will stay when we go to the beach. Management and staff could not be more courteous. They have even gone out of their way on my last visit to surprise my girlfriend with flowers waiting in our room. The views could not be better and the beach is out of this world. We already have reservations for the first part of March. This will be three trips in 3 months again thank you so much to the staff in management and we look forward to returning in a few weeks.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words and your patronage!
We strive each day to provide the best customer service at Litchfield Inn.
I will be sure to pass along your kinds words to the staff.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Wife had recieved a winter room rate that was very reasonable and as we have never visited Pawleys Island/Litchfield Beach, we thought a winter getway was in order.

Arrived on a Saturay afternoon after spending the day exploring nearby Georgetown. Driving up to the resort, at first glance it looked like an older but well maintained establishment. Check-in was a breeze and the clerk was extremely amiable and helpful with any questions we had.

We were given keycards to Tower Room #334 on the end. The odd shaped room had floors and paneling and was definitely in need of a makeover. Electrical outlet covers were loose, nightstands were chipped. The room did have a small sink, coffee maker, tiny microwave, silverware and cups and a full sized fridge. Bathroom was good sized. We did find some sand on the bathroom vanity, otherwise the room was clean

Great view of the beach and ocean from the room and balcony, though.

Continental breakfast was basic - coffee, juice, bagels, yogurt, cereal and pastries

All in all, we could have done worse. The price was right, the location good, the views were stunning and a nice getaway

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Herfnerd
Jeff W, General Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Inn. Concerning our rooms we strive each year to have continuous upgrades as the market demands and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pawleys Island
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area

Been to Oceanfront Litchfield Inn? Share your experiences!