We stayed here a year ago over a weekend and would have given a 3 to 4 rating. Though it was not terribly well taken care of, the room was very pleasant, clean, and the entire complex was nice. It is on a fairly quiet stretch of nice beach and the views and sound of the surf rated a 5.
We spent one night here this past weekend and things have gone downhill. Our room (two floors below last year) was old, dingy and just not pleasant. There was rust on hinges and the sliding door, dings and scrapes on the walls, the bathroom cabinets were ancient and looked it. We felt as though we had stepped back into the 70's but with considerable age. No effort seemed to have been made to make the room attractive.
As with last year, the single elevator is dingy and the hall ways are kind of creepy. The rest of the facility just feels rundown.
Given the location, it's still a good choice, but go there expecting a 2, not a 4 or 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island