My family stayed at the Litchfield Inn in Pawley's Island, South Carolina for two nights. We found a coupon for the hotel that said that the coupon was for an oceanfront room. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that the coupon was only for rooms that were not oceanfront when the coupon clearly said oceanfront on it. We ended up having to pay $470 for two nights to get an oceanfront room, which was more than double the price that was advertised on the coupon.The employee at the desk was friendly but the housekeeping employees were rude. We had to ask for new towels and washcloths. The room was decent but the beds are horrible and the floor wasn't cleaned because there was sand everywhere. The view of the ocean from the balcony is good and the beach isn't crowded. However, the waters were infested with jellyfish and there were dead jellyfish that had washed up onto the shore everywhere. It wasn't safe for anyone to be in the water. We saw a few cockroaches around the hotel, which shouldn't happen at the price you have to pay to stay there. The restaurant at the hotel was very overpriced. You could find an oceanfront hotel that is much better than this one for half the price. We will not be returning to this hotel EVER again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island