“Loved the Seaside Inn!!!”

Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Reviewed July 5, 2007

We stayed at Seaside Inn May 26 & 27, 2007. I was expecting a normal hotel room. What we received was way beyond our expectations. We stayed in a 2 bed, 1 bath room. It had 2 queen beds, a coffee maker, a small 'frig., a large entertainment center, and lots of space for the layout. We were well pleased! So needless to say we went back the following weekend after spending the rest of the week in North Myrtle Beach. We wish we had been here for our entire vacation. The second weekend we stayed in the Bridgewater. It was ocean view, 2 queen beds, galley kitchen (fully stocked), livingroom with couch, chair, dining table & chairs, sofa bed, Murphy wall bed, 2 bathrooms (each potty room with sink connected to a shared tub), it had a wonderful balcony that was pool view & ocean view. From the pool area you had a private beach access for the Bridgewater facility. It was absolutely GREAT!!! I would recommend this to everyone. Away from all the hustle and bustle of Myrtle Beach but close enough (a 20 min. drive at the most). Be sure to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed June 30, 2007

We stayed at Seaside Inn one bedroom condo with 2 kids. We chose the location because of proximity to Myrtle Beach and the tennis club - it was hard to find tennis clubs not just public courts in this area. The condo was spotless, the kitchen had the minimum I needed, however, I must say I am used to finding maybe salt and pepper in some of the condos we have been to and there was nothing here; but 'Piggly Wiggly' is 2 minutes drive.
We had a 'rack rate' for 7 nights - the front desk actually had a list of all guests at the resort and I could see there were very few owners but many people on 'Starbucks' and 'rack rate'.
The spa is small but we really enjoyed and the prices are not 'higher because it is a resort' so I recommend massages and body wraps.
Used business center a coupla times and computers worked great but the printer is located at front desk. They claimed to charge 15 cents per page yet did not even mention it.
Seaside has good wireless reception.
Asked the consierge to help with directions to the plantation and while she was not too talkative she did printout a couple of options. My impression was consierges were there more to sell gold packages than help with sightseeing.
Webster's is the restaurant on-site, it had happy hour 4-7 (did not go). We ordered pizza as they had a magnet on the fridge with nice menu..and waited forever to only find out they do not deliver! The magnet did not say...neither did the girl who took the order. PIcked up the pizza and it was excellent.
The hotel seemed older and noisy. We actually had the 8th night booked there and I was thrilled to finally find out that our condo was available for the 8th night as well. The pool is awesome, nice Lazy River and water guns, 2 hot tubs, it is open till 10pm so we visited daily. So I would not stay in the Hotel for long but short stay will be OK if kids need to be close to the pool.
From Seaside we drove to the resort beach but one can walk or take a shuttle. Landscaping is beautiful and I would love to go back and stay at one the villas we saw.
FInally the tennis club experience was great and do not miss the 9,100-acre preserve of Brookgreen Gardens one mile from this location!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 26, 2007

We were scheduled to stay in the Hotel on the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort and upon seeing our room, we were disappointed. The room rate was $136 per night and we needed a crib, which we were told over the phone would be $10 extra per night. When we checked in and saw the room, we contacted the front desk to get a crib for our over-tired toddler that had been traveling since early that AM. We were then told that we had been misinformed and to rent a crib it was $25 a night. We checked out, had our money refunded and headed across the street to the Hampton Inn which was much nicer and had a wonderful breakfast package included in the room price. The rooms were much nicer as well. If you're considering this Beach & Golf Resort... avoid the hotel accomodations. Trust me, they're nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed June 16, 2007

We spent 5 days with a Fairway special on the golf course in a 3 bedroom-21/2 bath condo called Tall Pines. We loved the condo. We went with another couple in their 50's. We will always go back to Litchfield Beach over Myrtle Beach. Our Condo was very well furnished, very spacious and very clean. We didn't mind driving 1 mile to the wonderful lazy river/pool complex. We took the golf shuttle to the beach house and ocean from the pool . We will definitely return to this area. We had a great expericnce and highly recommend the condos we stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed June 14, 2007

We stayed at the hotel, and yes the hotel can use a bit of an update. They have rennovated many units. We were given one unit and I called and asked to be switched. They gave me a choice of two other units, and we were perfectly satisfied. It was a 1 bedroom condo. Fresh paint decent furnishings and decorations on the walls. It was a great room and stay for the price. Not to mention Litchfield Beach is wonderfully secluded with a privite beach access. Not overcrowed and run down like Myrtle Beach. We had a great time and will go again.

2  Thank bcanIllinois
Reviewed June 13, 2007

We stayed in the Litchfield Seaside Inn. My husband, my infant and I. The hotel was so noisy, we could hear every door shut and every voice around us. There was only one elevator that was terribly slow to service two buildings.

The rooms were small and the built in closet/tv armoire took up 1/4 of the room space.

The hosekeepers did not arrive until 12 or 1 each day. We found out that they do not touch anything in the rooms to clean as far as your personal belongings. They do not make the beds unless you clear them off, they do not hang up towels unless you have cleaned off the towel rack. They just dumped the towels in our bathroom and never once wiped out or sink or tub all 5 nights we stayed.

The employees were borderline cold to us not helpful at all. They did not make us feel valued at all. Every staff member did the absolute least they could at their job.

I worked for Marriott management for 3 years so I am a little critical, but in my opinion the staff just did not do enough to keep my business.

My sister in laws stayed in the villas and had a much better experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2007

We stayed at the Seaside Condos on the Litchfield by the Sea Resort area. What can I say the condo was wonderful. We had a 2 BR (with 2 Q beds in each room) 2 full baths master had garden tub and walk in shower. Living room, kitchen completely stocked, stack washer and dryer, dining area with table for 6 and a lovely screened in porch with plenty of seating. We were not directly on the beach however, they have a "shuttle" service that runs from morning until around 6pm that picks you up at the swimming pool and will even drop you off at your complex. We did not eat at Webster's however it was always busy. The beach was fantastic not over crowded like Myrtle. I just can't say enough about our experience. And Clean oh my gosh it was spotless.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pawleys Island
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel
The Inlet Sports Lodge
The Inlet Sports Lodge
#2 of 6 in Murrells Inlet

Been to Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!