“Loved Seaside Inn!!!!!”

Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Reviewed January 29, 2007

Loved it!!!!! My husband and I along with his cousin and girlfriend stayed in the brand spankin' new two bedroom two bathroom at Seaside Inn. I think that room was perfect for couples like ourselves. Each of us had our own private bathroom and two queen size beds in each room. The set up was nice too. The kitchen was fully stocked, your had an iron with ironing board, and there was even a vacuum. Seaside is not on the beach but you have access to their private beach. We are already planning our 2007 trip. Couldn't ask for anything more!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank divawingate
Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed January 25, 2007

My husband and I are raising our 3 grandaughters and anytime you ask them where they would like to go it's Lazy River (a 3 ft deep winding pool with intertubes that flows around in a circle) at Litchfield Beach & golf resort. One WARNING Make sure your little ones wears something on their feet while at Lazy River to protect from blisters from the concrete bottom.The "Bridgewater suites" provide everything you need for a perfect family vacation. We lucked up on on perfect December weather, however if the weather is bad No Problem just visit the inside pool and hotub. If you need help the friendly staff is there to assist.

You have a beautiful view of the ocean and private beach entry.

Brookgreen gardens is about 1 mile away and is the perfect complimentry attraction to view beautiful sculptures and flowers. Great for all ages. We also enjoyed the wildlife viewing area again about a mile away.

Just one more thing...If you have little ones the "Magic" bed that pulls out of the wall was the coolest.

We highly recomend Litchfield for you and or your family. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank thememoryarchive
Reviewed October 2, 2006

1. We stayed at Seaside for the first time on the "get-away / Brookgreen Gardens / vacation weekend" package, and overall had a good time. Thought this was the best place to stay in the area.
2. We passed Seaside on our first drive going down Rt. 17S and had to back-track before we saw the "Beach & Golf Resort" sign off the road and then saw Seaside - little confusing first time.
3. When I finished checking-in, it wasn't clear how to drive out from the drop-off area to get to our Seaside unit.
4. When we parked under the Seaside building to get to our room the first time, I walked up four flights of stairs, and then realized there was an elevator in-between the two buildings where the luggage carriers were stored. The check-in person should have said to look for the elevator!
5. My wife flipped-out when she didn't see a hair dryer in the room (just one of her few petty quirks) . . . after calling the front desk when we first got to the room they told us where to look - inside the tiny side drawer under the sink.
6. Our room (303A) had an adjoining room (303) and we could hear the people next door clearly the whole weekend.
7. There was no "do not disturb" sign for us to use.
8. I'm 6'4" and could not reach the fan speed chain to change the speed - so I just used the wall switch to turn it on & off.
9. The A/C unit didn't work satisfactory . . . when I changed the temp and/or fan setting, it wouldn't go on sometimes for a long time, but other times it would work (cool lower temp) right away. Not a very good design, if you asked me.
10. We ate the first night at Webster's - we liked the "free dinner special", and after we ordered what we wanted on the menu, we payed an extra $25.
11. At Webster's we had to return our entrees (tilapia w/ crabmeat) because the whole serving wasn't hot enough; also, I didn't like the herb taste of the crabcake that I ordered as appetizer, and I usually love crabcakes!
12. Going back to the room . . . the doors close so loud next door, it felt like a bomb going off everytime someone closed the door next door!
13. The coffee at Webster's for dinner was poor.
14. The coffee maker in our room needs better instructions . . . it has a 12 cup pot and there's nothing to tell you how much coffee (packs) to put into the maker - 1? 2? 3? Most hotels have a 4 cup maker and you put in 1 pack, so it wasn't clear what to do.
15. We liked the bed - very comfortable.
16. The mini-frig made a low but noticeable noise when the compressor turned on occasionally - it was just another little annoying item.

Stayed: September 2006
8  Thank vivtrip
Reviewed August 28, 2006

We just returned from Litchfield after spending 5 nights there. I booked the Starbucks package online and found it to be quite a bargain. We stayed in a suite at the brand new Seaside Inn location and I was quite surprised to find out how large and comfortable our accomodations were. We had a fully equipped, full size kitchen and a very big bathroom with separate shower stall, oversized tub and a double vanitiy. There was also two TVs(one in a nice living area and another in the bed room) and a large screened in porch overlooking a very nice pond with fountains. With this package we also recived complemenatry service from the Starbucks every day during our stay. I also found the staff to be very helpful, They even provided transportation to the golf courses that I played while I was there. I highly recommend playing Willbrook Plantation, It's quite simular to Caledona at half the greens fee. The grounds were beautiful and the beach was not crowded and not far from the hotel complex. For $88.00 a night my wife and I both felt like royalty at a more than reasonable price. The only complaint was that the key cards were a little difficult sometimes(however the front desk said that they were in the process of recalibrating the locks). A very small inconvienence considering how nice everything else was. We can't wait to go back next year!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank kyfrydan
Reviewed August 22, 2006

We just returned from Litchfield Golf & Beach Resort. We stayed in one of the 4 BR villas Fairway. It was very nice. The property is very well kept. The owners rent out there units, which ours was very nice. We had 2 balconies which all we saw was the trees behind us but it was very peaceful.
The maid service is they make sure you have plenty of towels daily and they make the beds. They did not vacuum, or sweep the floors. With 4 kids the floors could've been vacuumed. That would be my only complaint. Even if the owners had a vacuum there I would have gladly done it. There was a broom in the closet that I used on the kitchen floors. This unit’s owner even had a little welcome letter & a book you write how your stay was.
The weather was great. Water is very warm and cleaner than most beaches. This resort has a private beach. The only thing with staying at the Fairway villas is you do have to drive to the beach & property pool. There is a regular pool at each set of villas but the main pool w/ the added extras you have to drive too.
From there to Broadway at the Beach is about 20 min., to Barefoot landing is about 40 min. I would definitely stay at this resort again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank no_name_redneck
Reviewed August 19, 2006

I just returned from Litchfield and stayed in the newly renovated Seaside Hotel. It was well stocked in the kitchen and also had a stackable full size washer and dryer. Our one bedroom was decorated very nicely and enjoyed the screened in balcony. The grounds were beautiful and my husband enjoyed golf. It was nice being on a private beach and the parking at the Beach House was very good. Didn't eat at Websters, but there is a great place across the street called Applewood for Breakfast and Lunch, highly recommended. Overall, had a great time and will return. Our only complaint about being here was the housekeeping. The floors were not cleaned daily, the carpet not vacumed, nor was the bath tub cleaned of sand. Having come from the beach a few times, and generally coming and going as you are on vacation, this should get daily cleaning. The housekeeping staff did'nt even bother to hang the towels, they just layed them on the sink. This problem was mentioned upon checkout and in our survey. I do hope when we return for future visits this will have improved greatly!

5  Thank bspenard
Reviewed August 16, 2006

We stayed nights in a a four bedroom Fairway Villa at Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort and enjoyed it. Our villa was in the Avain section about a mile east of the resort check in / main highway and another mile to the beach so we drove to the beach each day. Our villa was on the second floor of the two story building and was a very nice and a relaxing place. It was well equipped with essential pots and pans to cook meals. The unit also included a compact washer / dryer.

We found the comments about the housekeeping to be true but not an issue. They came each day to make beds, empty the trash and change towels - there and gone in 10 min. - little interuption to our day.

Check-in (4 p.m.) / check-out (11a.m.) process went smoothly - even though it was a the peek times.
I would return.

Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel
Best Western Pawleys Island
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island

Been to Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!