“We found our 2nd home”

Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our first stay at Litchfield. It won't be our last. After 4 straight years to Hilton Head my wife and I decided, along with our 6 year old daughter, to go someplace new. We wanted easy beach access and an ocean view so we stayed at Bridgewater (#318). Upon check in - very fast by the way - we were greeted warmly and got our keys in minutes. We also got the Starbucks Package where free coffee and pastries were ours daily, located near the check in desk.
The grounds of the entire complex are among the most impeccably maintained I have ever seen. Gated, safe and secure as well. With a grocery literally across the street I might add. We were always greeted with a smile and kind words by everyone we met who worked there. Be it the maids who cleaned the rooms daily, (Rosalee, taking my dishes out of the sink and rinsing them and leaving them to dry was way above and beyond - thnk you!), the groundskeepers, gate guards or even the men who were wheeling out hundreds of towels to be washed, EVERYONE was kind and professional.
My daughter loved the lazy river, as well as the pool near Summerhouse with "Kid's Island," as well as the beach of course, which was rarely crowded.
So impressed we were that we booked for an additional night. We were moved to a 2 bedroom amazing suite (#502) for the price of a 1Bedroom - very appreciative of that.
Both rooms were impeccable and well appointed. The beds were comfortable as well.
Being accustomed to Hilton Head we had hoped for more dining options close by, and we didn't have an interest in driving all the way to Myrtle Beach. But with Pawleys Island you don't have Myrtle Beach - or Hilton Head - crowds, so it's not so bad of a trade off.
We will be back next year and are counting the days...

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe A
LBGRGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

We thank you for visiting our resort and choosing us as your home away from home while here! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the things we have to offer. We also want to thank you for your comments about our housekeeper Rosalee she as all our housekeeping staff work very hard to make sure your stay is as wonderful as it can be and take pride in giving you the best level of service that they can....if you are able to visit again please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay!
Sherri

Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Bridgewater is a great location for the private beach access and has a nice pool and hot tub, along with a lazy river. Pools are located both inside and out. The walking and bike paths are good for exercise. The room layout is adequate and the appliances were simple and worked well. The restaurant is marginal but convenient. Onsite spa complex is a nice treat.

Area grocery and restaurants are nearby and a have a good selection of food types.

Room Tip: All rooms have an pool view, and many an ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mike D
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I am actually writing this review from Litchifield. We have been here three days and we are having a great experience. As others have mentioned, the pools and grounds are beautiful. There are palm trees and I believe "cypress" trees everywhere and they are georgous. It is very evident that a lot of time is put into the grounds as they are beautifully manicured. We have been pleasantly surprised by how much we are enjoying the grounds. There is a very nice bike path that winds all through the resort. You can rent bikes here, but it pays to bring your own bike if possible.

There are many different areas to stay but we are in Bridgewater. We have a one-bedroom unit with a galley kitchen which is well equipted. There is a nice balcony and a living area as well. Bridgewater is within walking distance to the beach which is a huge bonus. Not all the areas are within walking distance and many people have golf carts to travel around. The beach is private and not at all crowded.

The resort itself is about 35 minutes to Myrtle Beach and there are many things to do there. Broadway at the Beach is a lot of fun with tons of family activites. We went to the Pirates Voyage dinner show which my kids loved (ages 6 and 8). Also close-by is the Marshwalk in Murrells Inlet which has great places to eat and lots of cool bars.

Overall, this is a great vacation spot with something for everyone. As a first time visitor to this area I am enjoying it. I would definitely stay in this resort again as it is in a very peaceful location but close enough to entertainment.

My only complaint regarding the resort is the air conditioning unit. It is too close to the bed and it really bothers me while I am sleeping.

Room Tip: Bridgewater is a great building with ALL ocean front rooms. We are on the first floor and the dunes...
5  Thank Mary E

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our Resort and our wonderful Grounds. The big trees you see all around the resort are Live Oaks with the spanish moss dripping down. We get a lot of great feedback about our grounds crew and share with them the great comments. We strive for excellence and I am so glad that we exceeded this for you during you recent visit with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future and if I can ever be of any assitance to you please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Booked a room for Sat., June 16 thru Hotwire not knowing where I would end up.....only in the Surfside Beach, Garden City, Murrell's Inlet, Pawley's Island area, indicating beachfront, free parking, free internet. Once booked, for $88, we were given Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort in Pawley's Island.

Upon arrival, we were asked to pay a resort fee and assigned Lakeside 41A (a duplex). The duplex is one street from the security check in for the resort. Never ever expected to be given a duplex (two bed/two bath, full kitchen, dining room, living room, and screened porch overlooking a lake). Very nicely decorated. My only letdown was that we were not within walking distance of the beach. If I had been staying for more than one night, I would have pressed the point with Hotwire and the Resort that I booked "beachfront" room. Nice bike riding area, pools were nice, hottubs were oblong and not the traditional round ones. Hours for the pools and hottub were 10 to 10. Did not eat at the restaurant onsite. Many, many private homes, duplexes, and condo buildings in the resort. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are like me and book thru Hotwire, you have no choice on this one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pfishlady
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The Good
The beach is beautiful and the pools are really clean. Security is excellent and the walkways around the resort are safe. Landscaping is lovely. The location is great...close enough to MB but in a classy area of the Grand Strand. We were upgraded to a 3bed, 3 bath oceanfront condo (Warwick 502) but only for the first 2 nights of a 6 night stay. Warwick 502 was fabulous, clean and bright!

The Bad
We reserved a 3 Bed, 2 Bath Villa (Heron Marsh 12) that we had stayed in a few years prior. We had to move on day 3 from the Warwick oceanfront condo to the Villa unit. I called the front desk the night prior to explain that I couldn't move our stuff until noon when I was finished with my conference for the day (due to me being there with teenage children only) I was assured that that was fine.
At 11:00 (scheduled check out time) the maid was knocking on the door repeatedly asking my daughter why we weren't out, and my teenage daughter told her we would move "when my mom got back at lunch". The front desk called the villa no less than 3 times and finally my daughter answered and repeated the same story. We did move and when I called the front desk to ask why this happened I was told..."Oh, that was the evening shift".

The Ugly
Heron Marsh 12 has deteriorated. It has not been updated at all and the maintenance was lousy. There was peeling wall paint, nails sticking up out of the deck, the interior of the dishwasher was rusted and there was black mold on the shower curtain liner. Would not recommend this unit!

So... some good, some bad and some very ugly. Hope you get only the first!

6  Thank Touringdoc
LBGRGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for the review. First and foremost we apologize For the lack of communication on your room move, that you experienced during your stay and also to the fact you were unhappy with the Heron Marsh unit. Unfortunately we did have to move the first two nights during your stay due to a mainenance issue. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the first unit you were in and also our pools and the resort property as a whole. I am sorry for what you found to be a deteriorated unit since your last visit to Heron Marsh and I plan to follow up with the owner as well as our Mainenance staff to see what we can do to make things better. My hope is that you will give us another chance to try to" WOW" you. Please contact me Directly for any future plans to come back to our wonderful area I will be sending you something in the mail along with my business card in hope that you will let me make your future reservation.
I hope you will give us another chance and I look forward to hearing from you.
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Not a good experience what so ever. First someone at your facility canceled my reservations - this was done without notifying me by email or phone. I found out when we arrived for our stay, very unhappy with how the entire thing was handled. The front desk scrambled to find another place for us. We did not want all those twin beds, but we had no option...SO Jake said...hum. We found out when we called back the next day, that we could move to the room I booked back in April. In my opinion, there is something very shady about an establishment that operates like this. Drainage in our room was very poor. We called to complain, someone came to poor some crystals down the drain...still not good - water was up above our ankles - yuck. Mattresses not in good shape overall. King had a huge dip in the center. Very very poor housekeeping. My husband had to call three times on our last full day just to get service...if that is what you can call it. The best part was the view, pool, and the grounds. You really need to employ your grounds team to take care of the rooms too. You can tell the grounds team takes a lot of pride in their work...unlike many other areas we saw at Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort. Never again. Hampton Inn across the street is much better or another house - but not this place.

2  Thank AureliaSC
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your response about your stay at our resort. I apologize for what must have been an error in your reservation cancelation. Your unit was booked on 4-13 and canceled on 4-16 and the deposit refunded. As much as we hate to admit it sometimes errors happen. I am sorry you had such an experience. We are in the hight of our busy season and as Jake said we had very few units left that night. To address your comment about the drain in the bathroom, we did try to work on the problem and have now called an outside plumbing company to help repair the issue. I will work with our team to address the service issues and hope if you will give us another chance to make things up to you that you will call me directly so I can show you the type of service you CAN expect from us.
Guest Service manager

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here Memorial Day weekend. It was an absolutely great mini-vacation! We stayed three nights and enjoyed a Starbucks breakfast package. It was nice to walk to the on-site Starbucks and get a coffee and danish for breakfast. Outside of the Starbucks was a quiet little sitting area to enjoy your food and paper. While we did not eat at the restaurant on site we did order take out dessert and it was delicious!

The entire site was beautiful. Every morning we ran around the grounds enjoying the scenery. We stayed in the Bridgewater building. I cannot get over how the entire staff took pride in making sure guests were happy and satisfied. The grounds and buildings were immaculate! I saw several house keepers vacuuming the outside hallways, dusting corners of buildings, and I even witnessed a housekeeper cleaning the changing table in the ladies restroom ( I mention this b/c let's be honest those things are never cleaned!).

Our room was very nice and quiet. The pools were perfect and the beach was quiet and peaceful. Our three year old had a blast. Our only complaint was the proximity of the beds to the a/c unit in the room. It literally was within 2 inches of the mattress. We plan on visiting this resort again soon!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hb1216
LBGRGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our Resort. We strive for excellence and I am so glad that we exceeded this for you during your recent visit to the beautiful Pawleys Island. I too love our wonderful Starbucks and the courtyard to enjoy the morning is so lovely I must say. We hope your three year old will grow up with us as a wonderful get away for years to come.
Thank you and hope to see you soon.
Guest Service Manager

Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel
The Inlet Sports Lodge
The Inlet Sports Lodge
#2 of 6 in Murrells Inlet

Been to Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!