“Quick, Clean & Friendly”

Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Quick friendly check-in, clean room, open lobby, functional fitness equipment and temperature appropriate fitness room, easy to access internet, good breakfast, nearby restaurants and grocery store a plus.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stay at many Hiltons and Marriotts with my job of over 25 years with IBM. I love the Hampton Inns because I can get a suite with a refrigerator for my Cokes and because I can get a separate bedroom with another door to eliminate hall noise, as I have trouble sleeping as it is. This Hampton did honor my room request and although a non-smoking hotel, it was obvious the previous person had smoked in the room and it was nauseating. I was told there were no other rooms. Hall noise kept me up late and slamming doors woke me at very early in the morning. The smoke smell gave me a headache. The staff would have cared less and never acknowledged I was a Honors member and were indifferent to my concerns.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Beverly T
Teri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and value your feedback as a frequent traveler. We're sorry to hear that noise disruptions and an unpleasant smell kept you up and regret that these issues were not resolved prior to your departure. We're reviewing your comments with our team so that we can ensure this does not continue in the future. We hope we can invite you back for a much better stay and show you our true Hamptonality.

Teri Holland

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Pool: Labor Day weekend, max capacity booked hotel, Pawley's Island and the pool maintenance guy was given 4 days off. The pool was FILTHY and disgusting. We requested to clean the pool ourselves, just so that we could enjoy it. They unlocked the shed and gave us the skimmer to clean, but would not allow us to vaccum it, even though there were tons of dead bugs, sand and leaves at the bottom. Breakfast: The breakfast was horrible and made my stomach hurt two mornings in a row. The eggs werre literally hard and rubbery and cold. Room: There was trash along the edge of my bed, not under b/c there is boxing around it. There was trash behind the lounge chair in my room. The cleaning staff apparently did not do a thorough cleaning job after the last guests left, and before they assigned us this room. Security: Never saw one person walking the grounds, or checking out the parking lot. With that said, the night before we checked out the front desk cleark had informed us (after taking a night stroll) that at some point in the recent future some vagrant had been caught sleeping on the grounds behind the dumpster. There was only one security camera and it was at the entrance of the building only.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer J
Teri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

I would like to apologize that the hotel accommodations and its facilities were not to your satisfaction. Please understand that we have several security cameras, not just one at the entrance (actually 14 throughout the entire hotel) as we are very concerned about guests safety. Again, I am sorry that you had these feelings during your stay. Thank you for the comments as we do like to hear our guests comments and concerns.

Teri Holland

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have stayed here before and were very happy . this time when we got to our room we were greeted by the dog barking in the connecting room. I am fine with hotels allowing pets as long as it is not in a room I am paying to stay in. I called the front desk and was told dogs are allowed in all the rooms - found balls of dog hair in my room and then had the pleasure of a 6am un wanted wake up barking session.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our pet policy didn't meet your needs and for the housekeeping issues you encountered. Your comments will help us improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again if you return to the area.

Kind regards,
Teri L Holland

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is not on the ocean with views, but it is lovely. Newly redecorated and very clean. Staff is very friendly and amenities were very nice. I only stayed for one night but we plan on visiting here again and hope to stay here. Bed very comfy as well, although we really missed not having pay movies in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

When I arrived on 8-9-13 the hotel had 'continued the stay for a customer' for a room that I had booked months before and traded my handicapped king room with a drive in shower for a handicapped queen room with a drive in shower. My husband is in a wheelchair with double catheter bags. At home he's in a hospital bed. He takes up so much space in the bed because of his handicap, bags, pads, wedge, water bottle, etc. that a queen bed is impossible for me to sleep with him. After checking with two neighboring towns for a handicap king with a drive in shower which were sold out probably for the wedding that I was there for, I had to settle for a handicapped king room with a tub/shower. I did receive a discount but really needed the room I booked!!! My daughter had to come over to help me bathe my husband on the shower bench which was half the size of his home version and very wobbly. Also, the air conditioner was very old in my room. It ran on high and on the coldest setting the entire time I was there. It was fine at night after the sun went down but was very warm especially in the bathroom during the day getting ready for the 6 pm wedding. My 'average' rating was for the hotel management staff and room. The housekeeping staff, on the other hand, was excellent constantly asking me if I needed anything or if they could do anything..

Room Tip: call ahead and make sure they haven't traded your room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Teri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

I really appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Pawleys Island as your hotel of choice. I received your Trip Advisor review of the issue you had with your reservation. I want to personally apologize that we did not have the room you request at check-in. Unfortunately, sometime a guest will decide to extend their stay without advises us, which in turn, causes us to overbook a certain room type. I am very sorry that this was the case.

I do want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am personally sorry that this was not the case during your stay with us.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Teri Holland, GM

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here last August 2012. This year we decided to get Married in Myrtle Beach and chose to spend our Honeymoon at the Hampton inn. We couldn't of had a better stay. The front desk was the best. This is a very clean hotel. The updates look great. The breakfast is good, housekeeping takes great care of you. A special thanks goes out to the girl that was at the front desk in the morning. We kept borrowing supplies for our wedding and she was there to help. As usual the afternoon cookies hit the sweet tooth spot.
The Hampton Inn corporation can be very proud of the staff that work there.

Room Tip: Get the business suite. It's really nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
11 mi away
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club

Been to Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield? Share your experiences!