“Beautiful hotel”

Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is not on the ocean with views, but it is lovely. Newly redecorated and very clean. Staff is very friendly and amenities were very nice. I only stayed for one night but we plan on visiting here again and hope to stay here. Bed very comfy as well, although we really missed not having pay movies in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2013

When I arrived on 8-9-13 the hotel had 'continued the stay for a customer' for a room that I had booked months before and traded my handicapped king room with a drive in shower for a handicapped queen room with a drive in shower. My husband is in a wheelchair with double catheter bags. At home he's in a hospital bed. He takes up so much space in the bed because of his handicap, bags, pads, wedge, water bottle, etc. that a queen bed is impossible for me to sleep with him. After checking with two neighboring towns for a handicap king with a drive in shower which were sold out probably for the wedding that I was there for, I had to settle for a handicapped king room with a tub/shower. I did receive a discount but really needed the room I booked!!! My daughter had to come over to help me bathe my husband on the shower bench which was half the size of his home version and very wobbly. Also, the air conditioner was very old in my room. It ran on high and on the coldest setting the entire time I was there. It was fine at night after the sun went down but was very warm especially in the bathroom during the day getting ready for the 6 pm wedding. My 'average' rating was for the hotel management staff and room. The housekeeping staff, on the other hand, was excellent constantly asking me if I needed anything or if they could do anything..

Room Tip: call ahead and make sure they haven't traded your room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Teri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

I really appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Pawleys Island as your hotel of choice. I received your Trip Advisor review of the issue you had with your reservation. I want to personally apologize that we did not have the room you request at check-in. Unfortunately, sometime a guest will decide to extend their stay without advises us, which in turn, causes us to overbook a certain room type. I am very sorry that this was the case.

I do want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am personally sorry that this was not the case during your stay with us.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Teri Holland, GM

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here last August 2012. This year we decided to get Married in Myrtle Beach and chose to spend our Honeymoon at the Hampton inn. We couldn't of had a better stay. The front desk was the best. This is a very clean hotel. The updates look great. The breakfast is good, housekeeping takes great care of you. A special thanks goes out to the girl that was at the front desk in the morning. We kept borrowing supplies for our wedding and she was there to help. As usual the afternoon cookies hit the sweet tooth spot.
The Hampton Inn corporation can be very proud of the staff that work there.

Room Tip: Get the business suite. It's really nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We are enjoying our stay at Hampton Inn Pawleys Island. The staff is really nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable...and the surroundings are marvellous; breathtaking beaches and natural environment. I am just happy we chose this place for our first vacation in South Carolina ever.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here for two nights due to a wedding in the area and our stay could not have been more pleasant.

The room was clean and comfortable........and very quiet. A/C worked well.

The staff are the real stars of this property, however.

There was an arts festival going on adjacent to the hotel the night we arrived, so our room registration included free entry tickets and special parking passes to assure that we did not lose our parking space to non-guests. That level of management foresight was much appreciated.

The breakfast room staff are unbelieveably efficient and cheerful. Even when I spilled my coffee all over the table......TWICE........."Donna" managed to clean it up with jokes and a smile so that I felt like a valued guest, not a klutzy nuisance.

Although we were here only for a wedding, this is a hotel we'd enjoy returning to for a vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

At first we arrived after being on the road two days to get there. We were welcomed by Patti at the front desk. She was nice and very helpful. We went to our room and there was air conditioning problems so we had to be moved. The only room was across from the elevator which was the one thing I had requested when booking was to not be put near the elevator. We had no choice though that was the only open room with two beds. I was disappointed by that and we could hear it at times, but other than that our stay was wonderful. Loved that there was something different for breakfast every day. The hotel staff was always nice and helpful. It is close to eating places and there is a grocery store right across the street.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

this was an average room, but seemed clean. We had two rooms - one a suite. One of the rooms smelled of cigarette smoke - I know that it isn't the fault of the hotel, but it was a bit disturbing especially since we had a child with us. The rooms seemed clean enough. What we hated about the hotel was the fact that each room had one very small window. Most hotels have windows that go along one wall - even in the suite, there was only one small window, and the drapes cover most of the window. This made the room a very unpleasant place to hang out. A pizza box was left outside of a room for two nights - which was very disturbing. it sat there all day. There is a small pool; there were towels at the pool, although they were extremely thin and small. The location is about 1/2 mile from the state beach, so it was a good spot, and very close to Murrell's Inlet. The location is about 25 minutes from Myrtle Beach. The gardens are close, and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club

Been to Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield? Share your experiences!