“Nice hotel in Pawleys Island”

Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
New Jersey
“Nice hotel in Pawleys Island”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We usually stay in Myrtle Beach when we are in the area and decided to explore a new part of the Strand ... so we chose Pawleys Island and stayed at the Hampton Inn. It was easy to find and new looking. The room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel is near a few different restaurants.

I think the front desk staff could be more knowledgeable about the local offerings, however. The girl at the front desk wasn't aware of a locally "famous" tavern that was recommended to us, and it was only 3 miles down the same road.

Otherwise, you get what you expect from a Hilton brand. This hotel was very nice.

Room Tip: It's not a noisy hotel, so any room could be nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
newport,nc
Reviewed February 18, 2013

stayed for two nights, rooms very clean, staff extremely friendly., great location - set back off hwy. 17 enough to avoid hwy. noise. prices good, use corporate rate if you can. convient to much in surrounding area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A pretty place apart from the surrounding commercial area. The hotel was very friendly and clean. The service was excellent.It was nice to be able to walk around the trails and ponds, look at the flowers and birds, and stretch our legs. Very quiet sleeping. Pretty average breakfast. Recommended for a quick stop.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed January 12, 2013

When traveling on business, I have to select a hotel from a list where my employer has set up direct billing. If a Hampton Inn is one of my choices it takes precedent over the others even if it's not the most convenient to my appointments. Hampton Inn has made great improvements over the years in regards to the consistency of its quality and the Pawley's Island location is no exception. The staff is friendly, the Internet connection is dependable and my room was clean and quiet. The hotel was completing a renovation of its common areas, and the front desk clerk asked me to excuse the mess during check-in, but I didn't see one. I also appreciated the extra electrical plug-in ports on the business desk. I hate having to search under the desk and behind the TV for an extra outlet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PCDoctorUSA
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight in December when we visited Brookgreen Gardens to see their Nights of a Thousand Candles.

There were a number of small problems (mostly in the bathroom) which resulted in my writing to the General Manager describing all of them. At the time I wrote, it was my intention not to return.

Within 2 hours, she replied. She said she had already addressed the issue and had taken actions to resolve it. Furthermore, she invoked their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and refunded our money (even though I hadn't asked for it).

I couldn't ask for better service than that, and will be likely to stay there again when we return to the area. We virtually always stay at Hampton Inns and the graciousness of this GM gives us just another reason to continue doing so.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul W
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 3, 2012

When we arrived we were surprised to see that there was construction going on and we had to use the side door and stairs to get to our room. Good think I had only a small bag to carry up to the 3rd floor. But apart from that the construction never bothered us.
People at the front desk were very nice, thanks again to the young lady (Hailey??) who let me borrow her phone charger since I had forgotten mine.
The hotel has a great location very close to a lot of restaurants and the grocery store, as well as from the beach. Our room didn't have a view but it didn't bothered us much since we were out most of the time.
We really enjoyed our stay, thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lise B
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in September 2012. My cousin was getting married in Pawleys Island and this was one of the hotels in which guests received a discounted rate. I actually found that if I booked an advanced rate and paid in full it was cheaper than the wedding rate. i paid $84.15 + tax per night.

Check-in was quick and efficient. Our room was standard and clean. The wifi worked well.

The breakfast at this Hampton Inn was standard as well. Some hot items as well as fruit, yogurt, cereals, breads, etc.

The grounds of this Hampton Inn were very pretty. There is a manmade lake out front with a fountain. There's a shopping center next door with a Piggly Wiggly supermarket which came in handy.

About an hour after we departed, we realized we had left something behind. My husband called the hotel and they put him on hold while the housekeeping staff searched the room. They found our item and took down our address and credit card # and said they would ship it back to us via UPS on the next business day. A few days later it arrived on our doorstep!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield? Share your experiences!