“Room was very dirty”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Hickory
“Room was very dirty”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

As soon as I got to the hotel there was no one upfront it took 5min before the women saw me. When I checked in she looked at my ID and said his don't even look like you. On the way in there was a really big water bug which looks like a roach. Then room I got was a king bed no smoking room. It smelled really bad in the room and the carpet was really dirty. The shower was so bad I kept my shoes on. I hope the bed was clean but if not I turned the air on high and put on long clothes and kept on socks in the middle of the summer. If I had to do my vacation over again I would stay in charleston and drive to the beach every morning because hotels there are so nice and about the same price.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hopeandfaithPluslove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Found this as part of Wyndam's Group and it was great we stayed last time in November 2011. Looking on Google I think it used to be a Holiday Inn Express ,Loved the place for us close to Brookgreen Gardens lovely quite hotel ,super breakfast nice large room great bed too we had room 103, best you can say is we are back in a couple of weeks . We live in Columbia SC so we pick each month between the mountains in NC and the SC Coast ,nice to be able to choose about equal distance , and a break from " Famously Hot Columbia".

Room Tip: Try for ground floor no elevator..
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
indianapolis
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed there this past memorial day weekend. We normally stay at the Marriott but evrything was booked due to bike week in myrtle beach. We ended up staying at this hotel. Honestly I was skeptical at first staying at this hotel. But, I was pretty satisfied with this hotel. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was good, and we only had to drive about 30 mins to the oceanfront. good hotel :-)

• Stayed May 2012
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Several of us traveled to the area for Myrtle Beach bikeweek and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We stayed two nights and slept great. They were very motorccycle friendly: allowing us to park under the awning in front. The front desk was very helpful and always polite. I will say this though, they do not have an elevator. That didn't bother us at all because it's only two floors, but if you are a handicapped traveler make sure you tell them at booking that you need a lower floor room. The hotel is right next to a fresh foods supermarket which is worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zpaul
charleston,sc
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Big clean rooms,Ice Cold AC, lovely outdoor gazebo covered in honeysuckle,A very refreshing stay!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the first floor,very easy to unload and load car
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Conover, North Carolina
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Staying in Pawleys Island for a birthday party for my nephew and decided to give this one a try. Arrived late and the hotel looked to be full. Entered and had no problems, night clerk was super friendly and seemed to be very efficient which is not something to take lightly any more with budget hotels. For the price I really enjoyed the stay. The room was extremely clean and no funky odors in the halls or in the room itself. The refridgerator and the microwave were nice to have and clean. Overall the room and the lobby area were very clean and the staff all seemed super friendly. The room was a non smoking and actually didnt smell like smoke. Hallways are very well lit and the breakfast the next morning was nice. Hot gravy and biscuits, waffles and the other amenities one would expect.
All said it wasn't all rainbows and gumdrops. The walls to the exterior hall and the doors to the room appear to be poorly insulated. As a direct result you hear all the noises going on in the hall. The only other issue I have with the hotel is its lack of security in the parking lot. We had to park the first night at the rear of the hotel and the car was broken into. Oddly enough the only thing that was stolen were the birthday gifts for the nephew. Hope the thieves like three year olds toys. HAHA!! Its not the holels fault I understand but it would be a great touch if like at other places the clerk walked the perimeter from time to time or if at least they would install security cameras. Never would have believed a break in in Pawleys Island but what are ya gonna do. Not very smart criminals anyway after all they took the toys and left the diamond pendent hanging on the rearview, the garmin on the window and the pistol in the glove box. Just goes to show you, never safety anywhere. I would overall recommend this hotel and if you stay there is The Fresh Mkt next door. You MUST forgoe the hotel breakfast one morning and pay their bakery a visit first thing and of course the coffee bar. MMMMMMM

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank cjournigan
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were in the area for a funeral and I booked this hotel over the phone.
The rate was excellent, the front desk staff very nice then even let us check in early.
Close to the beach in a nice area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel

Been to Best Western Pawleys Island? Share your experiences!