“Great Italian Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caffe Piccolo

Caffe Piccolo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
wilmington, nc
“Great Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dined for the first time at Caffe Piccolo in August. The veal Marsala was outstanding. Service was very good. Our waiter knew every detail of not only the menu items but also the evenings specials. Next time I travel to Pawleys Island, I will return to this restaurant.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“SCALLOPS & RISOTTO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I think I just had thee best meal ever. I've been here a handful of times and usually go with a traditional Italian dish (when in Rome) and never dissappointed but for the first time I went against the grain and ordered the Scallops & Risotto which consisted of large scallops over a bed of sweet corn and pancetta risotto. It was unbelievable how good it was and I couldn't stop talking about it for at least an hour after I was finished. I want another one right now! I'll definitely be back...SOON! The service was great and I love seeing smiling faces when eating out.

1 Thank Shawn H
Columbia, SC
“What a delightful discovery--upscale Italian on busy Highway 17!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

TripAdvisor reviewers get it right one more time. This restaurant is top-notch in every way: the outdoor seating is a lush little oasis and the indoor seating is quietly elegant European in feel; the food is sublime; and the service is impeccable. What a surprise to find this in a small business strip on busy highway 17 through Pawley's Island. (The sign is not noticeable unless you are really hunting for it directly across from the Ford dealership at the south end of Pawley's.)

We enjoyed the evening's special appetizer of mussels in a lemon white wine sauce that was light, spicy and delicious, accompanied by crusty bread. I wanted more bread to dip in that sauce and forget the entree, but thank goodness I resisted, because the Veal Veneto was one of the best dishes I have had: thinly pounded veal medallions with shiitake mushrooms in a saffron cream sauce over linguine. My dinner companion and I shared this dish and it was easily generous enough for two. We just added a salad, because the one that comes with the entree is the right size for one person. We both had the creamy Gorgonzola dressing and loved it. Everything on the tossed salad was at the peak of freshness. They offer other small salads or tomato bisque with each entree.

Spirits are not available, only beer and wine. But the wine selection is good and we enjoyed a good New Zealand Savignon Blanc with the mussels and a Montepulciano with the Veal.

Help with the wine pairings--or anything else--was instantly and cordially available from our excellent waiter, Jeff. He paced the service perfectly, giving us a little breathing space between courses, checking to be sure everything was to our satisfaction, and being just the kind of attentive but non-hovering server that one hopes for at a good restaurant.

It's taken us a while to find this gem, but we know we will be back every time we visit the area. I can hardly wait!

1 Thank mybagsrpackd
Eldridge, Iowa
“Great Italian Food in Pawley's Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Found this place via Tripadvisor reviews. Very glad we did. Never expected to find such great Italian food in Pawley's Island. Ate there three days in a row. Veal was excellent, Diver scallops with pancetta risotto was exceptional. Don't miss the limoncello cake desert - best with a cup of great cappuccino. Do not miss the bread - served with an olive oil, basil and garlic dip - best we've ever had.

Golf at Caledonia or True Blue and then head here for lunch (11:30 - 2:30). Treated us like royalty. Exceptional service.

1 Thank Jim B
“Great experience!!!! Worth going!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food and service!!!! Total experience!!!! We are single moms and teachers... worth every penny!! :)

• Visited July 2013