“My son and I had a blast with Capt. Jordan Pate!!”

Carolina Guide Service Fishing Charters
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Pawleys Island
More attraction details
Owner description: The pristine saltwater estuaries surrounding the Pawleys Island area offer some of the best year-round fishing on the East Coast. Captain Jordan Pate owner operator of Carolina Guide Service is a Pawleys Island native with over 25 years of experience fishing these waters. Capt Jordan offers inshore fishing excursions for anglers of all skill levels and he is dedicated to making your fishing trip fun and enjoyable. Specializing in Light Tackle and Fly Fishing Charters for Red Drum, Speckled Trout, Flounder, Tarpon, and Sharks, all fishing charters are customized to the way you like to fish. Captain Jordan Pate will provide all the fishing tackle, bait, fishing license, and a cooler with ice. We also offer River and Lighthouse Tours, Alligator and Dolphin Watching tours which are a great way to experience the best of what the South Carolina Lowcountry has to offer.
Leesburg, VA
“My son and I had a blast with Capt. Jordan Pate!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was really flying blind when I booked our trip to go out with Capt. Jordan Pate in March of 2012. My sixteen year-old son and I had a blast!! The morning started out slow, didn't get a bite for about thirty minutes or so and I thought we were just in for a cold day on the water. (Wasn't that cold but with no bites, it seemed colder.) Then Capt. Jordan said he knew of another good spot where the red fish would bite. So we arrived at the new spot and the first pole in the water pulled out a big red fish!! And they didn't stop! In a relatively short time, my son and I pulled out between 10-12 red fish ranging in size from about 12-28 inches!!! (Of course, we put back the ones below or above the limit.) It was a great experience and my son, who is bored alot, had a great time!! We would definitely go out again with Captain Jordan. A fantastic experience!!

Frank Spampinato
Leesburg, VA

Visited March 2012
CaptJordan, Owner at Carolina Guide Service Fishing Charters, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thanks for the kind words Frank! I really enjoyed having you and your son onboard and Im glad y'all had a great time. Hopefully you can make it back down in the fall when the fishing really gets good!

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ONE STOP INSHORE FISHING GUIDE”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I've fished with Captain Jordan Pate quite a few times over the past several years for tarpon, trout, and red fish and highly recommend his service to anyone wanting a fishing experience from the South Carolina coast . He's a local who knows the waters and has a passion for the outdoors and creating memories of a lifetime. Keep up the good work!! Jeff, Charlotte N.C.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank JEFF H
Thanks for the review Jeff! Hopfeully this year will be the year to land that tarpon you've been after. Take care and I look forward to seeing you soon!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great guide, great fishing. Very fun day on the water.”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My dad and I have been out with Captain Jordan twice, most recently in late December 2011. It was a fantastic way to cap off 2011. It was cold out on the water, but we forgot about that as soon as Jordan put us on a school of large reds. We caught a good many fish that day, most of which were close to 30 inches or larger--great for fighting!

We've been out with many guides from Georgetown down to Charleston fishing for reds, but we're sticking with Captain Jordan from here on out. He's extremely knowledgeable of the waters. We've been out with him in McClellanville and off of Georgetown, and he knows both areas extremely well.

He'll put you on fish, no doubt. But most importantly, he's great company. He has a lot of patience and his main priority is making sure you have a fun day on the water. Highly recommend chartering a trip with Capt. Jordan.

-MB

Visited December 2011
Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Guide!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Booked a trip with Jordan over Labor Day weekend 2011. Jordan put us on a ton a big redfish, exceeded all our expectations, and showed us a great time. Plus he’s a real personable guy. I wouldn’t think about booking anyone else other than Jordan for fishing trips in the area. 10/10!

Visited September 2011
2 Thank CP__1309
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Capt. Pate put me on the biggest Drum of my life!”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Been fortunate to have fish many different areas of the country, with many great fishermen, but my time with Capt. Pate proved to be one of the best fishing experiences of my life.

He was very knowledgeable, friendly and prepared for our fishing adventure. We were on a beautiful beach with not one angler in site, a real hidden gem of a hole and we landed between over 20 Drum (Large Redfish) 30lbs and heavier all in a span of 6 hours. The largest was a real "Jug Belly" and weighed 46.5 lbs. Can't wait to get back out there this October, this time I am bringing my two brothers for a great family trip.

The action was incredible and the beauty of the surrounding lowcountry was second to none.

I highly recommend Capt. Pate and have made this an annual trip for the last 3 years and look forward to many more in the future.

Adam Metts

Visited October 2010
1 Thank metts60
CaptJordan, Owner at Carolina Guide Service Fishing Charters, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thanks Adam, That was a day of fishing I'll never forget. Looking forward to seeing you again in Oct.