“Gios is a great little Italian Restaurant”

Gios Italian Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gio's Italian Kitchen is family-owned and operated. We offer traditional Italian cuisine and pasta, New York-style pizza, calzone, and stromboli, and refreshing salads. Have a seat in the beautiful dining room or join other patrons at the bar for our Happy Hour specials Monday thru Friday 4:30-6:30pm. We aim to please each and every guest, and will make sure you leave happy.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Gios is a great little Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Since it has opened this year, I have eaten there several times. The food is very good and the staff very courteous . The only draw back to the restaurant is that it is a little small and the acoustics are somewhat on the loud side. Otherwise, we had a fun time and enjoyed our visits there.

Visited October 2013

South Carolina
“Delightful surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Several friends shared their dining experience with us concerning Gios Italian Kitchen which included one negative and two positive opinions. We decided to give them a try on a Friday night.
The place was very crowded, but we were seated in a few minutes. The food was excellent. I ordered eggplant, my husband ordered a lobster pasta dish and the other two diners with us ordered a meatball dish and the vodka pasta dish. The prices were reasonable $14-25 which includes salad and bread with dipping oil. Hope they will consider opening for lunch too.
We will go back again.

• Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Mangia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Calamari,Chicken Saltimbocca and Clam Sauce /Pasta - When you get tired of the overpriced tourist traps at Murrells Inlet and you want a refreshing change.Ya gotta go check out Gios! The decor was done by the owner ,you wont find tacky wall paper,dated draperies,washed out paneling here! Sophistication all the way.I was told the owners husband constructed the building and the quality shows! Love the tile in the ladies room. Service was awesome.My waitress was very sweet but in addition I think I had 4 servers as well.Even the owner dropped by my table.Everyone was so welcoming.They seemed as excited about the food as I was! Gio has a new menu and let me tell you, you wont be disappointed. We had the calamari appetizer. Now we know calamari (Im a Staten Islander there is nothing more to say) Very thin calamari with roasted peppers,calamata olives,bacon I think,and some other terrific ingredients.This is not calamari with ragu on top LOL Hubby had the clam sauce and pasta, terrifico with some proscuitto and peas. I had chicken saltimbocca.Superb! Gio has a contemporary flair all its own.There is also pizza which I did not try. But that means the kids will be happy too! They 're happy, we are happy.What more can you want. Our entrees were about $16 each and if I recall correctly the pizza starts at around $13. Wish I would have found this place sooner! Great place for date night too.Dim lights sets the mood. The night before we ate in a restaurant at the Inlet where the hostess had an attitude,the decor made me feel tired and the lights were enough to permanently blind! Thank You GIO we will see you again! By the way-its great for couples,families,friends,business and solo.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Renee617
Chester, New Jersey
“great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This restaurant gets packed in season. The food is really good, close to NY style Italian, but the service is so-so. There seems to be a lack of training among the staff, who are on the young side. For example, we had our grandchildren with us, and we asked to have their dessert served along with our meal. We had to remind them several times, and when they finally brought dessert they did not bring spoons, so we had to watch the Italian ice melt while we waited for a spoon. On a positive note, the outside patio is nice, and a good place for children to walk around while waiting. Maybe the locals enjoy better service when all us tourists go home.

• Visited August 2013
Lewes, Delaware
“Best pizza in Pawleys.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Long time Pawleys late summer vacationer....we usually do P.I.T pizza but decided Gios would be a chnge...AWESOME...great crust and fascinating toppings list. We Had TRibecca and BarBQ chicken and LOVED it. I strongly recommend visiting/ordering in from GIos!!

• Visited August 2013