“WOW! Great find on Pawleys Island !”
Review of Mama Rue's Blues Garden - CLOSED

Mama Rue's Blues Garden
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We took a chance on this place and loved it. The menu was limited but if you are looking for fresh local seafood, this is the place. My husband and I both had the grilled jerk grouper with collards and rice and the meal was exceptional. It was a Wednesday night and we enjoyed listening to George playing inside. The place itself is very quaint and Mama Rue was very attentive. We would definitely go back!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

LOCAL SEAFOOD at Mama Rue's
MaRue is a sweetheart and makes everyone feel welcome
Eric understands the blessing of our fresh food that's available right accross Hwy 17.
He prepares it in his native Jamacian way......Good Mon :)
Go by for a beer or a drink and some good food.
Relax, you're at PI
laura

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stumbled upon this place while visiting a friend in Pawleys Island, SC. It's an unassuming little place, but out back there is a bar nestled under a large tree with lights dangling overhead. Small candlelit tables lay out before an outdoor blues stage. I was blown away! Atmosphere alone makes this place a must see!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Full disclosure- I'm friends with the owner and the chef. If you like Jamaican food and getting drunk while listening to live music this is your place. Chef Eric makes everything to order, from scratch, and it's good. I've had everything they offer and I've yet to be disappointed. Most dishes are spicy and I recommend an ice cold Red Stripe.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Loved the Jerk Chicken and Pork! Went when there was entertainment. Had a good time. Have also visited the bar, and enjoyed it.