“Nasty!”

pawleys island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nasty!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just left this restaurant and can honestly say was one of the worst restaurant experiences ever! We had been here before a couple of times when they moved to this location and it was pretty good then. Tonight, not so much! First off they took prime rib off of their early bird. Second, I had ordered the tilapia once before and it came dry and so I asked our server (who was very sloppy and inattentive) if I could get some scampi sauce or something on it. She said it should be ok but might cost extra, fine. She came back like 20 minutes later and told me that I could not get the sauce and that I would have to buy the regular priced order for $8 more! So, not willing to pay that for a tablespoon of basically butter I ordered lasagna. The lasagna I got was nasty! Stouffer's is better quality. My daughter got eggplant parm and my sons girlfriend got ziti and they both said theirs was bad and now they are both saying they don't feel well. My son got prime rib, medium rare, but had to send it back because it was like med. well to well. When he sent it back the server said it would be a moment because the chef was like cleaning the men's bathroom! Gross! When she brought our bill she apologized for sweating on the bill but that the AC was out at the bar. When we left the chef and servers were all on the front porch smoking , sweating and just not being professional at all! Nasty, nasty, is all I can think to describe this place. You could not pay me to return there and I am simply praying we did not catch any sort of diseases there!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank pawleyslocal

“Good Choice”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hubs and I decided on this place for last evening. Smooth jazz duo was performing. Both musicians have day jobs at CCU, and played easy listening music. Hubs enjoyed Steak Diane which was super tasty, along with a baked potato and green beans fresh and plentiful. I had a generous piece of salmon with a side of fire roasted veggies. Next time I will order my salmon well done, this time I said medium, but I really like flakey salmon more so than red in the middle. Hubs had a delish German wheat beer that he had not had before. We were impressed with almost everything. Our salads were lacking in presentation, but ingredients were fresh. Staff attentive and efficient. We will definitely put this on our list of local faves.

• Visited June 2013
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

After a long drive to Pawleys Island, my husband and I came across this little gem by chance and how pleased we are that we did.
We were warmly greeted as soon as we walked in. The food was simply excellent, the service great and there was a Jazz Band playing during the evening which gave a lovely background noise without being intrusive on our conversation. My husband had a steak and I had Chicken Marsarla with fire roasted veggies which honestly was really fantastic. Whilst we were there, I did hear some complaints about how long it took to serve the food, but I didn't agree at all and the last thing I want to do when I go out for a nice meal is to rush through my courses.
If we are ever in the area again - we will go back.

• Visited May 2013
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our food was delicious, the service was excellent (although we were the first ones there on a Sunday) and the locals love it, too! It's a bit pricey but hey, it's not Applebees! Kind of a cool place to go away from the hustle and bustle of the "Strand", and we enjoyed our meal, the crab soup was good, both of the sauces and the bread werehomemade on site, and wine suggested to us was perfect. If I'd been staying longer I would have gone back for one of the steaks! We enjoyed our meal and the restaurant, and left happy with food to take with us as the portions were large.

• Visited May 2013
Georgetown, SC
“Service excellent- food not so much”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Sadly excellent service doesn't make up for the food. My wife and I visited JD's last weekend during our movie night out. We chose to sit in the dining room as they were having a jazz band in the bar section. It was 7:30 on a Saturday night and there were 4 tables with people seated. Our waitress, Cheryl, was pleasant and efficient. We started with drinks and ordered the Stuffed Mushroom appetizer. Totally tasteless. The bread that was brought to the table was dry and spongy at the same time like it had been microwaved. I ordered the Osso Boco which was covered in this thick tomato paste sauce. After I scraped off the paste, I enjoyed the meat. The mashed potato side was nothing to write home about either. My wife ordered the Filet- Pittsburg Rare. She enjoyed her steak. I would not make the 17 mile drive to eat here again. Not worth the money they charge.

• Visited April 2013