“Good Choice”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hubs and I decided on this place for last evening. Smooth jazz duo was performing. Both musicians have day jobs at CCU, and played easy listening music. Hubs enjoyed Steak Diane which was super tasty, along with a baked potato and green beans fresh and plentiful. I had a generous piece of salmon with a side of fire roasted veggies. Next time I will order my salmon well done, this time I said medium, but I really like flakey salmon more so than red in the middle. Hubs had a delish German wheat beer that he had not had before. We were impressed with almost everything. Our salads were lacking in presentation, but ingredients were fresh. Staff attentive and efficient. We will definitely put this on our list of local faves.

• Visited June 2013

Pershore, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

After a long drive to Pawleys Island, my husband and I came across this little gem by chance and how pleased we are that we did.
We were warmly greeted as soon as we walked in. The food was simply excellent, the service great and there was a Jazz Band playing during the evening which gave a lovely background noise without being intrusive on our conversation. My husband had a steak and I had Chicken Marsarla with fire roasted veggies which honestly was really fantastic. Whilst we were there, I did hear some complaints about how long it took to serve the food, but I didn't agree at all and the last thing I want to do when I go out for a nice meal is to rush through my courses.
If we are ever in the area again - we will go back.

• Visited May 2013
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Great Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our food was delicious, the service was excellent (although we were the first ones there on a Sunday) and the locals love it, too! It's a bit pricey but hey, it's not Applebees! Kind of a cool place to go away from the hustle and bustle of the "Strand", and we enjoyed our meal, the crab soup was good, both of the sauces and the bread werehomemade on site, and wine suggested to us was perfect. If I'd been staying longer I would have gone back for one of the steaks! We enjoyed our meal and the restaurant, and left happy with food to take with us as the portions were large.

• Visited May 2013
Georgetown, SC
“Service excellent- food not so much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Sadly excellent service doesn't make up for the food. My wife and I visited JD's last weekend during our movie night out. We chose to sit in the dining room as they were having a jazz band in the bar section. It was 7:30 on a Saturday night and there were 4 tables with people seated. Our waitress, Cheryl, was pleasant and efficient. We started with drinks and ordered the Stuffed Mushroom appetizer. Totally tasteless. The bread that was brought to the table was dry and spongy at the same time like it had been microwaved. I ordered the Osso Boco which was covered in this thick tomato paste sauce. After I scraped off the paste, I enjoyed the meat. The mashed potato side was nothing to write home about either. My wife ordered the Filet- Pittsburg Rare. She enjoyed her steak. I would not make the 17 mile drive to eat here again. Not worth the money they charge.

• Visited April 2013
Lake George, New York
“Great for steaks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Cozy up to the bar,meet the owners and relax in one of four dining ares to enjoy a great steak and casual ambiance. Kevin is one of the ares top mixologists and sources of info.

Visited November 2012