“Try you'll like it”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

A really cavernous steak house with at least three distinct dinig ares. Kevin is one of the owners and will go out of his way to please. Good for golfers, couples and singles to eat at the bar. Entertainment is good, high quality steaks, and caring friendly service.located behind the closed Mayors House restaurant.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The atmosphere was very nice and the server was very good at helping with the menu, but the food was bland and lacked any fine dining experience. Overall, it was just average at best.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stopped in JD's for a good steak dinner and these guys didn't disappoint. I had the rib eye. My wife had the filet. They were done perfectly. We stayed for drinks and some jazz in the new bar. It was a perfect night out.

2  Thank kman400
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've only been here a few times over the past few years on vacations to the area. The building is hidden but easy to get to since it's right at a light. My last visit was in the beginning of this month and JD's had a soft opening for a new bar in the back of the building. I had my dinner, 14oz prime rib (cooked to perfection), in the main restaurant and then moved to the new bar to listen to a jazz band and have a drink. The wait staff was very attentive and checked in often. What really stood out to me this trip was the effort the staff put into ensuring we enjoyed our experience. More specifically the chef checked in on the steak which shows he takes pride in his work and is not just flinging food out the door. The owner was also there and was taking advice from patrons on how to improve the new bar. Everyone was having a great time in the bar and the comments I over heard seemed to be very minor. I will definitely be back.

3  Thank Trevor W
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have dined at JD's Steakhouse about 5 times over the last 3 years and have found the food great. The steaks are so tender and seasoned perfectly. The seafood is always fresh. I've had their scallops and their shrimp and have always enjoyed my meals. We've even taken friends and they too have enjoyed their meals from start to finish. The service is great and the owner is very nice. If you've never been to JD's, I would give it a try. An added bonus, you can get a restaurant.com gift certificate.

1  Thank LoveMyrtleBeach2012