“Mar 09 3-Day Golf School Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mel Sole Golf School

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Pawleys Plantation, a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course 30 minutes south of Myrtle Beach. 3-day schools, 1 and 2-day programs, private lessons, and 2-hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs also available. Stay & play on-site with our 'Best Ever Golf School' package or attend as a Commuter Student. Computerized video analysis and personal take-home video via CD or email. A GOLF Magazine "TOP 25 USA Golf Schools" since 1991.
Fort Worth
3 attraction reviews
“Mar 09 3-Day Golf School Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

I've been golfing for 7 years. I’d taken individual lessons when I began and an occasional lesson over the past 5 years. The 3-day school exceeded my expectations for content, feedback and value. Mel is an excellent teacher with an easy going manner and made attending a pleasure. He identified key errors and provided excellent instructions and drills to work on to correct them. His techniques and instruction provide a foundation for me to use to improve my game. I will definitely be back for a tune up in the future and plan on using the excellent resources on the schools web page. I have a better understanding of my swing and what I need to work on than I ever previously had, (even when I was scoring better). I now think of Mel as my golf instructor.
Thanks Mel and staff for a wonderful experience.
See you soon.
Mitch

Washington DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beyond All Expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2009

I read the Golf Digest Article outlining the 25 Best Golf Schools in the country this past summer, but couldn't find the time to go. I then looked for a getaway between Christmas and New Years (somewhere mildly warm) to escape the north and found a last minute opening for me and my ladyfriend (a beginning golfer). I have been playing for over 40 years, but not very well (95-100 at best). Our 3 days with Phil Ritson-Mel Sole Golf School were beyond any expectations! We both made quantum leaps in our games and "really learned!" Our instructor, Pat Hoffman, was marvelous in his manner and style. There was never anything as a "stupid question" to Pat. I returned home (reluctantly) on New Years Day and today (Saturday) went to the range and hit a bucket of balls in 42 degree weather! I am so much more confident addressing the ball now and the shots show the game improvement, not from any new clubs, but from proper club swinging! Thank you, Pat, and thank you Ritson-Sole for a fantastic experience! And......the accommodations and service at Pawley's are great. A real value with a great return on investment!!!

1 Thank StrikingViking
Virginia
“Great golf school”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2008

My 2 days of lessons during the first week of Nov, 2008 with golf professional Pat Hofman were beyond my wildest dreams. The ciriculum is logical and Pat's style of teaching clicked in my mind. I was filmed while there and then given a CD comparing me with a golf professional. Pat's voice on the CD clearly explains where I need to make changes. This overall experience was excellent and well worth my time and money. We were staying in North Myrtle Beach and the drive was about an hour to the golf school. Also both Mel Sole and his wife, Rosemary, were most gracious.

wilmington, nc
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great golf school experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

My wife and I attended the three-day school as high-handicappers, trying to get their game somewhat under control. It was a great experience - Mel is obviously a world-class instructor, but is as attentive to a high-handicapper as a near scratch player. His instruction is simple to follow, with the potential for really significant results. He doesn't offer a quick fix, but rather a set of tools and a practice regime that will significantly improve your game over time. So the school was outstanding, and well worth all the accolades it receives. The full package was also a great value. The accommodations and the golf course at Pawley's Island Plantation were wonderful, so for a three-day immersion experience it can't be beat. We highly recommend it!

State College, PA
“great golf instruction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2008

My wife and I recently attended the Phil Ritson-Mel Sole golf school at Pawleys Island, SC. She is a first time attendee, and a beginner. I had been there a few years before.
The personal attention, and the value of the instruction, could not have been better. Mel's ablity to analyze a swing, document it on video, and then to follow-up with daily corrections is a perfect teaching aid. I refer back to the CD now that I am home, and the lessons come right back. Thanks Mel!