“Great School” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mel Sole Golf School

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Pawleys Plantation, a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course 30 minutes south of Myrtle Beach. 3-day schools, 1 and 2-day programs, private lessons, and 2-hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs also available. Stay & play on-site with our 'Best Ever Golf School' package or attend as a Commuter Student. Computerized video analysis and personal take-home video via CD or email. A GOLF Magazine "TOP 25 USA Golf Schools" since 1991.
Falls Church, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great facility, quality time with Mel as my instructor. Tailored lesson to focus on swing faults in all facets of the game and very helpful tips on how to practice and improve. Will definitely come back again to continue to get instruction. Very good video analysis as well.

Brampton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bring hope and enthusiasm back to your game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Spent three days at the Mel Sole Golf School in Pawley's Island. I've had many lessons over the years but none were as good as this. Plenty of teachers can show you what to do, but few can actually help you produce a better swing. There is no doubt working with Tim for three days has been one of the golf highlights of my life. I couldn't believe how many friends asked how I had improved so much as they watched me hit great shots upon my return. I now know what I need to do to get ready to hit a shot. I have far more confidence as I stand over the shot. I have a specific practice routine when I go the the range and I understand what went wrong when I hit a poor shot. If you want to improve your game, at any age, spoil yourself and attend Mel Sole's Golf School.

New Philadelphia, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A great learning experience that was fun and rewarding.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was my 3rd trip to Mel's school, and each time I learn more about my swing and how to correct faults that have crept in. Mel is a great teacher and very patient with each student. You can tell he really cares and wants to help each student as much as possible. I will definitely be going back next year! The facilities are great at Pawely's Plantation, and they treat you so well there too. If you are serious about improving your game, you should really take advantage of having such a great teacher as Mel. Learning from a Master Professional is just awesome. Mel is a lot of fun too, making jokes, telling stories, and suggests the best places to eat and stay. Thanks Mel....

2 Thank golfnmusic
Williamstown, Massachusetts
“Exceeded all expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I couldn't have asked for more! Mel showed us how it should be done, then gave us on-the range feedback as well as video analysis of what we were doing and how to correct faults. As an additional bonus, when we're back home, Mel will offer critique of our swing if we send him a video.

Visited April 2014
Manassas, Virginia
“A Great Place to Learn Golf with a Gifted Teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I took the 3 day Mel Sole Golf School course at Pawley's Island Country Club and as total novices were a little nervous about it. There was nothing to worry about! Mel is an outstanding teacher and his calm and professional teaching style put us at ease. I feel like I learned the sound fundamentals of what can be a confusing sport to watch and learn. Mel's wife Rose and the other instructor Tim were friendly and helpful as well. After some (much needed!) practice at home we look forward to coming back and upgrading our skills at a later date.

Visited April 2014