“Extremely Helpful and Enjoyable!!!”

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Pawleys Plantation, a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course 30 minutes south of Myrtle Beach. 3-day schools, 1 and 2-day programs, private lessons, and 2-hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs also available. Stay & play on-site with our 'Best Ever Golf School' package or attend as a Commuter Student. Computerized video analysis and personal take-home video via CD or email. A GOLF Magazine "TOP 25 USA Golf Schools" since 1991.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely Helpful and Enjoyable!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I attended the three day school togheter in April, 2013. She was a true beginner, never having played, and I haven't played hardly at all for 20+ years. Not only did be learn and make signiciant improvement, Mel was such a classy gentlemen. We loved his stories, and his obvious love for golf. Highly recommended!

Greenwich, CT
“A GREAT experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my second season for golf and Mel 's technique for teaching golf was so informative and made such sense. After only 3 of the half day lessons not only did my game improve but I am confident that if I follow Mel's suggestions my golf game will continue to improve. I highly recommend the program and look forward to have additional lessons in the future.

Visited May 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Mel is a Marvel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was our third time, two couples. We are amazed at the immediate improvement made by Mel's world class instruction. And how he reads each person's skill level, both physically and mentally. We won't work with any one else but Mel and commit to the 48-ball drill. His restaurant recommendations and discount coupons are the best. Thank you Mel and Rosemary!

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Mel Sole - Outstanding ! ! ! ! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recently spent 3 days at Pawley's Plantation - attending Mel's golf school each morning. We stayed at Pawley's Planation and the accommodations were convenient and great. Mel Sole himself was terrific. My son (age 23) and I attended golf school for the first time as we are beginners. Day 1 started with Mel giving us a very useful classroom session and had taped our swings. We then went to the video teaching aid where he showed each of us what we were doing wrong and how to correct it. We then practiced outside with Mel watching and giving detailed instructions to us. The first day my son and I played 18 holes at Pawley's Plantation. Probably a mistake to play there as beginners as the course is a tough one. When we told the starter that we were beginners, he laughed. We actually had a great time and were paired up with a couple who were very nice. We kept up as not to hold anyone back, and yes, we did use a lot of golf balls. Day 2, Mel worked on pitching and sand traps. Again, he was excellent. He did another video review of us to show us ways to improve our swing. Day 2 afternoon, we played another 18 holes at Pawley's - as we pre-booked this prior to our arrival. Again, a lot of fun. This time, my son and I were able to go out on our own which made it really nice. Day 3, Mel went over chipping and putting. We had to catch a flight back home, so we could not play on day 3.

We read many reviews on golf schools, and what struck us was Mel's reviews on tripadvisor.com. 100% positive and after attending his school, we see why. We hope to make this an annual event as the memories will last a lifetime. Mel was extremely nice and told us to send in videos of our swing and he would get back to us with his analysis. I called him with a question when we got back home and he was very attentive in finding out the answer.

Highly recommend his golf school - hope to be able to return next year.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Bruce Z
Lansing, Michigan
“A great tradition!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Thanks for making golf fun! Attending golf school is like the Master, it's a sure sign that SPRING is here. A Tradition Like No Other! Thanks to Mel and Rosemary for making the trip so entertaining.