“Didn't know how much I didn't know”

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Pawleys Plantation, a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course 30 minutes south of Myrtle Beach. 3-day schools, 1 and 2-day programs, private lessons, and 2-hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs also available. Stay & play on-site with our 'Best Ever Golf School' package or attend as a Commuter Student. Computerized video analysis and personal take-home video via CD or email. A GOLF Magazine "TOP 25 USA Golf Schools" since 1991.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Didn't know how much I didn't know”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Myself and a friend were given golf school by our wives two Christmases ago. We finally got around to using them this year. Wow, what a great experience. Mel and his staff were very friendly and accomidating. Mel taylored his teaching style to be the most effective for both of us. His video analysis really helped to point out the good and bad in our swings while also showing the improvements from day to day. I have taken several lessons over the years but none compare to this. I've never been one for practice, getting bored with just hitting balls. Mel gave us several drills that can be done at the course and at home. Now, actually having a plan, I can't wait to get on the range. I would highly reccomend this school for any golfer from beginner to scratch.

Visited February 2013

Windsor, Ontario
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Mel is the best!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I visited Mels' school in November and the absolute first question I had for Mel was how did he manage to get all perfect ratings on Tripadvisor. He smiled and he said that they were good at what they did. Mel did not lie.

Mel and his wife Rosemary ensure that the golf school experience is both well organized and extremely helpful. Instead of running out and having you hit balls, his first priority is giving you
a learning test to to determine the best method of teaching you.

And no, you won't arrive with a 23 handicap and leave with a 5 handicap but you will understand the deficiencies in your golf swing and you will leave with some very good practice methods to help correct them.

The added bonus is that Mel and Rosemary are simply nice people and you do enjoy being around them.

I feel quite certain we will be visiting them again.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Premium_10
Clifton, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great learning experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I just attended the Pawleys Island school with Mel Sole. Mel is a fantastic instructor. He has a teaching style that is effective with high and low handicappers simultaneously. Even with other people in the class, Mel was able to give us an individual experience that was specific to our needs. The video and Mel's expert analysis really brought to light what we need to work on. Mel has inspired us and we can't wait to get out on the course and put our "new" swings to the test! We will definitely be back!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank John_M57615
London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our best golf learning experience”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Mel's positive and personal teaching style allowed for a wonderful learning experience. All basic components of the game were addressed to meet your experience and personal learning style. His instruction plus feedback ( oral and video) helped you understand how each element of your game could be understood and improved using ordered practice routines. My wife and I both left the 3 day school greatly encouraged and with a plan for future success. Larry & Sandy

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sandy W
Richmond, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best individual instruction”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Mel Sole is a true teacher who cares. The individual instruction in a class of four is amazing .
The video and teacher feedback allows one to really see what needs to be changed as I dont seem to understand my husband's helpful advice.I truly appreaciate this good teacher who gets it and cares for the high handicapper too. He is the best and I am so glad my family has discovered him. He is fabulous with my nine year old grandson too.
The 48 ball drill gives one a proper plan at the practice range . ...a game changer.
I am grateful and will return .
Jeanne