“Not a fan.”

Pastaria 811
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pastaria 811 is a family owned and operated Italian Restaurant serving Pawleys Island, Litchfield, Georgetown and surrounding areas for 20+ years. Chef David makes the Italian specialties from scratch including bread made fresh daily, homemade sausage, meatballs and sauces. Try our famous Abruzzi bread and Tomatoes. Open for Lunch M-F and for Dinner 7 days a week. Join us for Happy Hour M-F, 4-7 and enjoy 1/2 off beverages and complimentary appetizers in the Bar. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My friend invited to to lunch here. I looked at the online menu, and realized the grilled chicken salad would be my best bet due to a sensitive gut. The chicken on my salad was very tasty. The really unappetizing part, though, was the iceburg lettuce! Seriously? With all the good lettuces out there today, this highly recommended place uses iceburg? We were not offered refills on our water, and no one came to ask "how is it"? Maybe they use a different lettuce for their dinner menu. The cost of $5.95 is now clear to me. The restaurant seems to have many fans, but I can not be a fan of this one.

1  Thank Inletlady

Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a treat! Who would have thought you could get great italian food in South Carolina?! We started with Abruzzi Bread which was best bruschetta we've ever had. The homemade bread served with seasoned oil blew us away, the marinated tomatoes on the salad were unique and very tasty. My wife had the shrimp Roma and I had the chicken and spinach cannelloni. They were both superb. Amber, our server, was very attentive and recommended an excellent italian white wine. David, the owner came to our table to check on us, which was a surprise, we dine out a lot and rarely, if ever, have we seen an owner. He surprised us with his homemade pecan pie ice cream which was a wonderful end to an excellent dining experience. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had our 41st anniversary dinner here last weekend. The food was the best we have had since visiting Italy! My Trigger Fish broiled, and served with a Roma Sauce and pasta and marinara. great salads with house made dressings. Everything cooked fresh to order. My wife had shrimp with Roma sauce over fettuccini. She raved on and on about the dinner. Our waiter topped it of with a slice of incredible limoncello cake, you must try if you visit.

1  Thank gwlynn
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have been avid fans since David opened in 1992. His new location is wonderful and right on Hwy 17. The service is fabulous and the food second to none. The NY style pizza is the BEST! Prices are reasonable and the friendliness of the staff is great!

1  Thank mdl955
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When in Pawleys island visit this wonderful restaurant. David cooks and owns the place and is always visiting tables and making sure you are happy. They recently moved to this new location and its great. Call ahead as you are better with reservations. My family lives in the area and goes almost every Friday night. Veal and sausage stew, chicken parm, chicken cannelloni pizzas...everything is good also the abbruzzi bread. Enjoy!

1  Thank beauguin