“Our favorite”

Pastaria 811
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pastaria 811 is a family owned and operated Italian Restaurant serving Pawleys Island, Litchfield, Georgetown and surrounding areas for 20+ years. Chef David makes the Italian specialties from scratch including bread made fresh daily, homemade sausage, meatballs and sauces. Try our famous Abruzzi bread and Tomatoes. Open for Lunch M-F and for Dinner 7 days a week. Join us for Happy Hour M-F, 4-7 and enjoy 1/2 off beverages and complimentary appetizers in the Bar. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We always visit when we are here for spring break. We love the salad and the tomatoes they use for their dishes. My favorite is the ziti. The new location is not as cozy a the old but I m sure a great business move. Can't wait for spring break 2013.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

the owner moved from his small restuarant to a larger venue and it is outstanding. The dishes are all well prepared, have nice seasonings, the atmosphereis very friendly and there is plenty of room in the restuarant. The Italian dishes are all exceptional and there is a varied wine selection. The wait staff is very attentive and friendly. On most days the owner stops by your table and asks how everything is. this is one of our favorite restuarants in the area

1  Thank MyrtleBeachGolfer
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family and I have visited Pastaria for the past 6-7 years when we visit the beach. We have always loved their Abruzzi bread which are like deep dish breadsticks covered in their wonderful abruzzi tomatoes, cheese, and herbs. The restaurant has recently moved to a new location on 17.

Atmosphere: The old location was in the back of an office building near Litchfield by the Sea. Although it was hard to see it had a faithful clientele and takeout business. The atmosphere there was very cozy with dark rooms, fake ivy hanging, and flickering lights. Like you expect in an old school Italian restaurant. The new location is much more sleek and will remind you of a more generic restaurant. Accents are dark, dark wood, dark colors, etc. The restaurant has an odd configuration with the bar directly in the back and squeezed in. The space altogether is a little weird.

Service: When we first went in 2011 to the new location we did not have a great experience with the service. We had dirty bread plates and service took a long time. The staff, which used to be college students had changed to an older bunch. We decided to try again this year and it was much better. We went on a weekday so it wasn't busy and our waiter was very pleasant and very quick with drinks and bringing out food. Much improved and more like it used to be.

Food: No complaints about the food. As I said the abruzzi tomatoes are awesome on anything. Pizza is good, but the pan pizza can be have a little too much collective grease on the bottom. NY style is better. Chicken Parm is good and huge. Healthy portions on whatever you order. The restaurant also offers a Gorgonzola dressing on salads that I highly recommend you try.

1  Thank TravelCov
Reviewed August 23, 2012

5 & 8 yr old granddaughters wanted pasta on a Thur evening, so we chose this restaurant not far from Litchfield based on the favorable reviews and a phone call to confirm they had a children's menu. Interior ambiance and seating were very good. Chilldren had ravioli and spaghetti and both liked it. Wife and I had chicken and eggplant parmeseans. Our main courses were preceded by plentiful warm sliced crusty loaf bread and salads. Choice of two dressings, both excellent. The main course chicken P. was a tad tough but quite delicious; the eggplant P. had a unique flavor, but was good. Sides of spaghetti w/red sauce were a bit skimpy on the sauce but otherwise quite tasty. I'm sure we would have been brought more if we had asked. Service was great when we arrived about 6:30 pm, but during dinner every table became filled, with people waiting, so the service went from great to lousy. Took a half-hour to get our check and pay, and that was only after we flagged down a bus boy and the hostess. Despite the negatives, I gave it 4 stars, will definitely go again and will recommend it to friends because the restaurant has too much potential to believe anything except people may have been having a bad night and staff was short at the peak of their dinner rush. The children definitely loved it!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We will definitely not be returning. The wait was long, and the entire time we waited there were numerous tables available but they were intentionally delaying the seating of customers. I think there may have been issues in the kitchen, from conversations we overheard, and this may have been their way of slowing things down. If the wait were the only issue, I could over look it as an evening they may have been shorthanded, but the food was terrible. I ordered the eggplant parmesan and it was like eating rubber covered in cheese. The menu claims "probably one of the best you'll ever have" but for me it was the worst. My husband's dish wasn't any better. On the positive side, the wait staff was very attentive.

2  Thank LFHHI16