“Nice place to crash”
Review of Southern Lodge

Southern Lodge
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Orangeburg
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Not the best looking place from the outside, but, if my very picky wife agreed to stay, it met all of her needs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice enough to meet our needs for the night. I have nothing bad to say about this place at all.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

After a long night of driving we decided to stop in Orangeburg, thinking it would easy to find a hotel. Well we're went to all the chain hotels and they were completely booked! We drove up to Southern Lodge and were a little skeptical but I noticed it was rated #1 on trip advisor so we thought we'd give it a try. The night clerk was very friendly and she let us look at the room before we decided to book. After the inspection we decided to stay there. It was very clean and quiet. The only complaint we have it that our room had a slight smell to it. My husband checked us out the next day and commented on how friendly the staff was. The only gave us free Southern Lodge plastic cups, pens, and a coupon for our next stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed here many times when I have business in Orangeburg. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. I like the fact that they open the front office doors for guests upon their arrival and departure. I would definitely recommend this hotel is you are looking for value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a very well run motel - comfortable beds, great location (close to I26), clean and kept up rooms, with lots of little extras in terms of items often forgotten at home. But the best part was the staff - so courteous, friendly, helpful! We weren't fast enough to open the door to the lobby by ourselves without someone coming from behind the desk to open it for us. We surely recommend it, and would definitely go back.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Southern Lodge kept me from runnin' away from Orangeburg!

Had a VERY poor experience with Quality Inn (STAY AWAY!!), and then found this hotel. What a relief! The staff was very warm and friendly. The room was spacious, well kept even for its age, quiet, and CLEAN!!

I would recommend this to be one of the best, if not the best place to stay during your visit to Orangeburg!

Room Tip: Stayed in 116 - Quietly placed location and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is an older property that has been updated and is a real bargain. My mother was in the hospital which is located a short distance from the hotel. My wife and I were returning from a trip and decided at the last moment to stay in Orangeburg so I could visit her early the next morning.

I am a Hilton Honors member and often stay at these properties, but I knew from a previous stay that their property there was pretty dated. It was a Sunday night, so I figured we would have little trouble finding a room. I could find a room, but nothing for much less than $100. The newest property was $139 and, I mean, this is Orangeburg! I grew up close to here and I would drive the twenty miles to home before paying that much to stay here.

Finally we looked at Tripadvisor and noted the Southern Lodge. I was skeptical and my wife even more so, but we called and they had rooms available. I was greeted by a very nice hostess and she offered a room inspection to me before I checked in. Surprisingly, my wife said "OK". The room was clean and relatively nicely appointed. There was a flat screen TV, fridge, and microwave. Not a large room but we were just staying one night. We just needed a place to sleep! I was offered a coupon at the front desk and paid $59 for a king non-smoking room. This even included a free breakfast. Granted it was not a buffet, but again more than adequate.

The manager or owner was there in the morning and also was very pleasant. I would definitely recommend this property and it certainly "filled our bill"!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Not so mr nice guy/ hotel mgr..... they get your credit card , then jack the rate up...

put extra charges on my card .. I confronted mr sam... he gave me $10.00 back...

still got ripped off...

Never Again.

old hard beds , con man owner.

Room Tip: stay away...
1  Thank vegas junkie m