“Elegant and delicious”

Chestnut Grill
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Orangeburg
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated business serving Orangeburg for over 25 years. Steaks, Seafood, Prime Rib, Sandwiched, Salads and more! Best Chicken Salad around!
Reviewed January 20, 2020

The food is great, the atmosphere is elegant and the service is good. The price of the the food is appropriate for all of the above. We go there frequently when we are in Orangeburg.

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (278)

Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

Visited the week of Christmas on the way to Florida. Had the Chestnut Sampler Dinner. It was fantastic. Loved the ribs! The wait was about 35 mins to be seated, but absolutely worth it. The staff was friendly and attentive and everyone waiting with us were friendly, so the time went by fast. I would recommend making reservations to avoid the wait. They had very appealing specials, but I wanted to try everything so I went with the sampler.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 16, 2019 via mobile

Great lunch. We ordered the lunch steak and it was great. Good size and cooked to perfection. Sides to choose the n big variety. Had the baked potatoes and house salad. Full meal for $12
Great service!!! Clean and good ambiance

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 7, 2019

As one of the few full service restaurants in Orangeburg, Chestnut Grill is an old stand-by whenever I am in town and want to take my parents out for dinner. Staff and service are great. Prices are reasonable. The food is generally of good quality. My parents enjoy coming here.
My only complaint is that we tried the crab cakes once with my kids, and being from Maryland, they are not what we are accustomed to getting here. Probably should be called something else.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 24, 2019

Have not eaten here for a long time. Ordered fried flounder which was very disappointing. I expected it to be hot and crispy. It was cool and soggy. Menu items seemed overpriced. Salad was good. Will not be back.

Date of visit: November 2019
ChestnutGrill, Manager at Chestnut Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

We are sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable meal. Our flounder is normally very crispy with a generous portion of two filets. We would have loved to know about the problem while you were here so we could have recooked you a fresh portion. Please feel free to call the restaurant and ask to speak to the manager and we will be happy to discuss ways to make this better for you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.