“Great Food and Interesting Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Seafood Academy - CLOSED

The Seafood Academy
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
West Virginia
“Great Food and Interesting Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

The server was friendly. We ordered shrimp and flounder that was very tasty and reasonably priced. . They also have a musician on Fridays who provided very nice backgound music. This restaurant has been upgraded since we visted it several years ago.

Visited April 2014

Florence
“Complete JOKE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Let me start by saying it looks like it might be a classier place. Not suite and tie attire but kind of nice. WRONG! It was a step up from a McDonalds. My boyfriend and I went because we were craving seafood and we were celebrating our time together. They didn't have much to choose from, and we both ended up ordering an appetizer of gator bites. For our entree we ordered the tilapia topped with crab and hollandaise sauce. Mine came with asparagus and a baked potato. My boyfriend ordered his with sweet potato fries and baked beans. Our meal came before our appetizer. We had to remind out waiter to bring the gator bites out. When he put our entrees in front of us he mine didn't have the potato he assured me it was coming right out. I noticed that neither of ours had the hollandiase sauce on it and asked him he went in the back came out and said. I'm sorry ma'am we don't have the time to make it for you...Ugh ok? fine. Still no potato. He disappeared again. Our fish was over cooked, there was barely any crab. My asparagus tasted terrible and my boyfriends beans tasted like they came right from the can. Finally the appetizer comes and still no potato. At this point we are almost done with dinner. I don't even want the potato at this point. But i assured that the bill will be discounted. In the meantime he asked if he could get us anything from the bar and it would be "on him" I declined and my boyfriend asked for a Corona. The waiter comes back and says "sorry we're out" At this point we just want our bill and to leave because it's ridiculous. He brings the bill and says "sorry I could't discount it because I can't find my manger. No i have lost my cool. We wait until i get another waiters attention and tell him i want to speak to the manager immediately. Which doesn't happen but instead our waiter comes back with a new bill that our appetizer was taken off and they took a whole two dollars off the rest of the meal. which ended up being 50$ for crap! To top it all of the waiter had the nerve to stand there and try to tell us about a law that we must leave a tip in cash... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? he wasn't not even getting a tip after our terrible service let alone one to make it more convenient for him. Needles to say this place was like a low end circus with disgusting food. I should have eaten at the McDonalds next door.

3 Thank Carissa H
Bamberg, South Carolina
“Food was very good and staff was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

1st time eating here and it was a very good experience, food was great and the staff was friendly and attentive. We will come back again!

Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Best Food and Staff Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

WOW!!!! This does not begin to describe our experience. AWESOME food. FRIENDLY staff. If you go to Orangeburg, SC and do not eat here, you are only cheating yourself! Do NOT miss this opportunity.

Visited April 2014
Ontario, Canada
“4+..after considering pros and cons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I read the website of The Seafood Academy and gathered that it was/or wanted to appear as an upscale seafood restaurant. I then read quite a few reviews of patrons of the restaurant. Regardless of the website content or the reviews, here is my opinion:
Upon entering the restaurant I viewed the decor and seating as more upscale than a normal ``chain`` eatery. I thought oh, oh,....I just want to relax, have a glass of wine, some carbs etc. etc.
I must say that our whole evening was pleasant and relaxing. We did not partake in the seafood, like I said..we just wanted a whole lot of carbs after a long day. Cheese fries, reuben sandwich, chicken sandwich, beer, wine. Our server was a truly friendly lady, not just a put-on smile. The fries and sandwiches were really great and exactly what we craved. We felt that we were welcomed with open arms and will definitely return when we are in the area.

1 Thank camretiree