“4+..after considering pros and cons”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Seafood Academy - CLOSED

The Seafood Academy
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ontario, Canada
“4+..after considering pros and cons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I read the website of The Seafood Academy and gathered that it was/or wanted to appear as an upscale seafood restaurant. I then read quite a few reviews of patrons of the restaurant. Regardless of the website content or the reviews, here is my opinion:
Upon entering the restaurant I viewed the decor and seating as more upscale than a normal ``chain`` eatery. I thought oh, oh,....I just want to relax, have a glass of wine, some carbs etc. etc.
I must say that our whole evening was pleasant and relaxing. We did not partake in the seafood, like I said..we just wanted a whole lot of carbs after a long day. Cheese fries, reuben sandwich, chicken sandwich, beer, wine. Our server was a truly friendly lady, not just a put-on smile. The fries and sandwiches were really great and exactly what we craved. We felt that we were welcomed with open arms and will definitely return when we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank camretiree

Athens, New York
“Buffet Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Getting the buffet is your best bargain and selection of seafood variety is good. Dessert is included but not drinks. FYI, there is no alcohol of any kind served on Sunday in the whole county.

Visited April 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm a northerner and not tooo many places in south Carolina where you can get a great dining experience such as the seafood academy. I advise anyone traveling from the North to the South dine at "THE SEAFOOD ACADEMY" the servers as well as the management has such great personalities and makes everyone feel so warm and welcome...My family and I will be back. Thanks seafood academy for such a great experience.

1 Thank Carolyn S
South Carolina
“Grew old waiting.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Food was OK once it arrived. Waited for 45 minutes after our order was placed, which was 30 minutes after we were seated. Order arrived piecemeal, some arriving cold. Might want to try somewhere else.

2 Thank 24Traveler
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Different Every Time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We have been here four times. Each time something has not been right. Good food or poor service. Poor service or good food. You just never know. This time we had a great server but the food was forgettable. Hard baked potatoes; a skimpy plate of calamari. My wife's grilled shrimp had obviously never seen a grill. It was sautéed in butter and hot sauce. Too hot for her to eat it. The server replaced her "grilled" shrimp with more of the same less the spices, but again sautéed. This is definitely our last time here.