“Perfect for an overnight stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Orangeburg
Reviewed May 6, 2009

This Holiday Inn Express is perfect for an overnight stay. The hotel is easy to find, but far enough off of the interstate highway and the main access road to be quiet, with a secluded feel. There is abundant and well-lit parking in front of the hotel, close to the main door. There is easy access to a BP gas station next door, and an assortment of the standard interstate chain restaurants nearby.

The hotel itself has an attractive lobby, and all of the public spaces have a "new" feel and are well decorated and clean. The room was spacious and also had a "new" feel.

Breakfast was an added surprise. Normally, HI Express breakfast has those odd fold over cheese omelets. We were happily surprised with scrambled eggs that were as good as or better than that served in restaurants, with pretty good bacon also available. Best "free" breakfast I've had at a hotel ever.

It's not a vacation destination, but for an overnight stay on a road trip, this is as good as it gets in my experience.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
OrangeburgScManager, manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2009

thank you Look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed April 20, 2009

This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Express. I was surprised how spacious and luxurious the rooms were. Seemed like a newer hotel with clean rooms.

The staff seemed acceptable, but not totally attentive. When we checked in, no one bothered to mention that there was a tornado warning in the area...and when we saw it on the news and inquired, they offered no plan as to where to position oneself in the hotel in the event the tornado struck.

Breakfast was acceptable, but not great. The sausage was fairly inedible. However, for $90, the rooms were better than expected.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2009

I made reservations on 2/26 and paid in full thru my Mastercard that same day. When I arrived at Holiday Inn Express on 3/13/09, I was assured the ooms had been paid for in advance. When i checked out on Sunday 3/15,I was again assured the rooms would not be charged to my Mastercard again.But,lo and behold----they were. I am now in the process of trying to get the amount reversed by the manager,my account may show NSF's because of this.Another thing,when I booked the rooms with Hotels.com,the 2 rooms I booked were $231.84 for mine for 2 nites and$186.20 for my daughter and her family for 2 nites. When I checked out the amounts were $192.78 and $154.82 respectively. Even tho Holiday Inn Mgr. faxed my bank that the rooms were indeed paid for and not to be charged again,THE CHARGES WERE AGAIN DEDUCTED BY HOLIDAY INN.What a tangled mess!! Wish me luck!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank emilyj66

I do appologize again and we are working
with hotel.com to improve our check-in process so this will never happen again.

look forward to seeing you again in future

Reviewed March 7, 2009

My family stayed here over night on our way to Disney World. We got in pretty late and couldn't wait to go to bed. We reserved a room with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. When we started to get ready for bed and proceeded to open the sofa bed, there was a board nailed to the underside of the cushions making it impossible to access the bed. We called down to the desk and she promptly moved us to another room . My husband asked her upon checking in if the room had a sleeper sofa and she said yes. It wouldn't of been a big deal, if we hadn't already started getting ready for bed. Overall, the room was clean and roomy. The breakfast in the morning was great. They had muffins, rolls, bacon, oatmeal, and eggs. More than most hotels give you. I would definitely return back if needed.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family

look forward to seeing you in future.

Reviewed December 14, 2008

Stayed at this property on our way to DisneyWorld. This is a great location right off I-26. Stayed in a King Suite with sleeper sofa for $110.00 tax included. Hotel was clean and would recommend for overnight stay while traveling on I-26.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank toothgal
OrangeburgScManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2009

thank you for staying please give us a call
next time you are in our area we appreciate your patronage

Reviewed October 16, 2008

My family and I stayed here on our way to Daytona Beach. After a 12 hr car ride it was a relief to walk in and get checked in very quickly with no hassle. (I had made reservations prior) Hotel staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean for the most part. My son enjoyed the pool. The bathroom could have been alot cleaner. Really the only bad thing I can say would have been the hot breakfast. Eggs were runny. Sausage needed cooked longer and my finacee went to take a drink of his milk and it was curded. YUCK!!! We weren't the only ones sitting there with spoiled milk. The staff was told but nothing got done about it.(I figured they would check the cartons for exp date) But overall this is a great hotel to stay at if your traveling and need a place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank sassyk99
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Stopped at the Holiday Inn Express Orangeburg on the way to the beach. Had had problems in the past in other towns and other hotels with late arrival and not getting the room I booked, but even getting in at 1:00 a.m., our room was ready just as I had booked it. The service was the best, the hotel very clean, and the hot breakfast a real boon. Couldn't resist a warm cinnamon roll. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)