“Great stop on the way to Florida!!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Orangeburg
Beamsville, Canada
“Great stop on the way to Florida!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were lucky enough to get a room here on our way through to Florida!!
Having 5 in our family we needed a suite, and were very pleased with the
roomy accommodations!! It was clean and the beds were comfortable!!
The breakfast buffet was sufficient to meet our needs.
I'd definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Darie00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This highway exit is almost exactly halfway between our home and a spot in Florida that we visit often, so we usually stop here for the night. Over the years, we've stayed at many of the hotels at this exit, and out of the ones we've tried this is the one we like best. I put the maybe in the title of this review only because we haven't stayed at all of the hotels here. I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of any of the hotels at this exit, but this one is clean, has good service, and I like the room design because I'm frequently traveling with kids. Most of the rooms (maybe all, I don't know) have a pull out sofa bed in addition to two regular full size beds, so this works well if your crew just won't fit into two beds. What we're looking for when we're here is just a clean place to crash for the night, catch a few hours of sleep, grab a quick breakfast, and get right back on the road again, and this hotel fits that bill well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 4smcgrew
Maine
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Another long day driving. Greeted warmly by front desk staff and checked in quickly. We were offered ground floor or third and we chose third as its usually quieter. Beds VERY comfy with lots of pillows in your choice of soft or firm. Nice roomy bathroom layout only the lighting over the sink should have been better. Good strong, hot shower along with soft, fluffy towels. Good wifi reception important this trip as we wanted to watch Bowdoin College Men's Ice Hockey team play Utica NY in the NCAA quarterfinals. Wifi was was good. Plenty of restaurants close by to suit all tastes. Just off I-26. Will stay here in the future if the traveling works right.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank gsg1557
Windsor, CT
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I tried to cancel a reservation on 1/19/13 before the 6PM cut-off and was told by the front desk that they couldnt help me. The funds had already been received and that only their General Manager could process my refund. I was told that there was no manager onsite and I had to wait and call back on Monday 1/21/13. I called back on Monday, the manager was still not there, left a message on his voicemail and he still hasn't returned my call. The front desk will not help. I would NOT recommend anyone staying here. How could a hotel be run with only the general manager being able to process refunds and he is never onsite. Extremely poor service!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Andrea S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Andrea S,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a friendly, clean, hospitable place to stay. The front desk staff is efficient. The breakfast bar includes fresh fruit and yogurt, as well as other options. I've been staying at this place since it opened and I continue to choose it. If ever I have a complaint - it is handled quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rita S
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We loved the fact that there was a separate sitting area so my husband could stay up and watch tv while the kids and I went to bed a little earlier. The price for this hotel was very comparable to the other rooms in the area, and the bonus of the extra space was wonderful. The room was immaculate, and the breakfast was delicious. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Persnicketypatron
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Rooms were not clean, the front desk staff barely acknowledge we were there when we walked up to check in, and my mom booked two rooms together and the put 2 of us on the first floor and two on the second. There is a train the runs right along the hotel and woke us up several times throughout the night and when we went for breakfast, a man who was pouring the milk on his cereal had to take it back because it was lumpy. Will not even think about staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank BuckeyeBaker
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear BuckeyeBaker,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.