Well, I found a German cockroach crawling up the door moulding of the bathroom, but that can happen anywhere, especially in a first floor room. I was able to park right in front of my door, which made unloading easy. The TV was rather old, not a flat screen, but the remote worked. Channels were rather limited. The continental breakfast went from 6 to 9 a.m. I woke up too late to make it. On the way back, I stopped at the same Orangeburg exit and stayed at another motel, which stayed open for breakfast until 9:30. I made it this time. An extra half hour would be nice. The room had two queen sized beds, so I could lay out my car contents on the top of one bed and use the other. I think, overall, that the room was overpriced at $60, even with the senor rate. $50 would have been more like it. I fixed a cup of coffee in the morning, which was nice since I missed breakfast. Also, I did use the microwave oven on arrival, bringing in food with me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Orangeburg, the Garden City of South Carolina and home of Edisto Memorial Gardens. Centrally located, Orangeburg is an area of great natural beauty, ideal climate & friendly people, famous for our Southern Charm and Heritage. A golfer's delight, a hunter paradise, a nature lover's dream, just a few reasons to visit Orangeburg County when visiting South Carolina. Our city is perfect for a mini or extended vacation, located just thirty minutes from the Capitol City of Columbia, one hour from Historic Charleston, ninety minutes from Historic Savannah & Hilton Head Island.. To accommodate all our guests, you may also select a smoking, non-smoking or wheel chair accessible guestroom or suite. If you're here for an extended stay, our suites will accommodate you with an in-room coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and much more. Relax in your room; enjoy HBO1, HBO2, HBO3 CNN, ESPN & 56 additional cable channels and eat a hot breakfast in morning with hot coffee or a glass of juice. Work at your desk, connect computer or enjoy our on-site fitness or business center. If you prefer swimming, our indoor pool is open year-round or enjoy the quaint surroundings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Orangeburg Near I-26 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Inn - Orangeburg Hotel Orangeburg
- Howard Johnson Orangeburg
- Orangeburg Howard Johnson