“excellent”

Super 8 Orangeburg Near I-26
Super 8 Orangeburg Near I-26
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Orangeburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
High Springs
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Well, I found a German cockroach crawling up the door moulding of the bathroom, but that can happen anywhere, especially in a first floor room. I was able to park right in front of my door, which made unloading easy. The TV was rather old, not a flat screen, but the remote worked. Channels were rather limited. The continental breakfast went from 6 to 9 a.m. I woke up too late to make it. On the way back, I stopped at the same Orangeburg exit and stayed at another motel, which stayed open for breakfast until 9:30. I made it this time. An extra half hour would be nice. The room had two queen sized beds, so I could lay out my car contents on the top of one bed and use the other. I think, overall, that the room was overpriced at $60, even with the senor rate. $50 would have been more like it. I fixed a cup of coffee in the morning, which was nice since I missed breakfast. Also, I did use the microwave oven on arrival, bringing in food with me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

WAYNE
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel the night before our cruise out of Charleston, South Carolina. The room was good, the shower was good, the location was good (1-1/2 hrs from the port), the breakfast was adequate, and the price was okay ($60). Have no complaints.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

HAMPTON
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Room was okay, but the linen on the beds didn't look clean enough to sleep on. I am glad Ibrought my own linen. The tub/shower and bathroom floor needed cleaning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for the weekend because the hotel I normally stay in when I am in Orangeburg was booked. Big Mistake! The room initially looked clean, but there was a gap between the door and the floor about 2 inches high. I could see outside clearly. There was also an issue with a giant roach crawling out of the bathroom. After switching rooms, there was a gap of about an inch between the door and the door frame on the side! Having been burned already, I conducted a more thorough search of the room. I put my bags back in my car and made a beeline to the hotel down the street after discovering a large bug taking a nap on my pillow! Never again!

Room Tip: It is only a bargin if you can sleep there!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was a great little place to stop for the night. The pool is tiny but clean and the kids had fun swimming. The carpet is gross, and the beds barely passable, but the shower was clean, the staff was friendly, and we got an awesome free continental breakfast. Make your own waffles with fruit, coffee, oatmeal and cereal, and we sure got our $52 worth.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Hotel was quite run down and curtains were ripped. Carpet and bed was stained. Hair in the bathroom. My daughters were walking the dog and a man did something totally inappropriate. Lets just say he didn't have pants on.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family