Sleep Inn
$59
Good 3.5/5
$50
Hotels.com
All reviewsrooms are nicedecent continental breakfastwafflesnext morningtwo nightsfree wifiwaffle housecomfortable bedsouthern hospitalitygas stationstayed one nightwalking distancegreat place to stayfront desk clerkwould stay againthe breakfast areaapp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Do, as others wrote this is a busy area and if you are not satisfied with your accommodation then you are pretty much stuck.

We arrived after booking a non smoking room only for the front desk to inform us that only smoking rooms were available.

The smell was just nasty and the bed had cigarette burns. This made for a really poor experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JohnPaul A
GMSleep017, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel.On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

It was ok, not necessarily poor, but not average, either. This is a busy off the exit location, so getting a room without reservations is hard and one might end up at this establishment. The overall decor is trying hard, but seems to be lacking. Hopefully, after the renovations, it'll be great, but for now... plan to sleep and leave. Mostly clean, but there were some issues that we just tried to overlook, like the musty smell in the room. It's not worth the price for this type of fare.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
GMSleep017, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing Sleep Inn. Yes, we are trying hard to finish our renovations but haven't quite finished. We thank you for staying with us and hope you will visit again.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed there overnight. The hotel is going through some renovations so I didn't expect perfection. The check-in clerk was friendly. The room looked okay. However, the shower in the room had mold on it and in the crevices! I refused to shower or to let my son do so. The TV didn't work. The AC unit went from hot to ice cold. The breakfast was good and the attendants and housekeeping staff were friendly! The front desk clerk barely acknowledged me at check out. He was on the phone the whole time. It seemed he couldn't be bothered to ask me if i enjoyed my stay. It wasn't worth the cost. I don't think I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
GMSleep017, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Sleep Inn. Since I don't have your information, I would really appreciate it if you would email me. I would like to be able to apologize to you and address all of your concerns with the staff. I hope to hear from you soon! Mandy
sleepinn.sc017@live.com

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were driving to Florida and did not make hotel reservations in advance for the one night we always stay on the road. It wasn't a busy holiday time and we just wanted to drive as far as possible and stay somewhere. We got off the freeway at a busy exit, with several brand name hotels. I have never stayed in a Sleep Inn before, but have seen them. Some looked decent, others, pretty crummy. But I figured they were probably mid-range hotels without a lot of perks for a cheaper price. We tried a couple of higher range hotels at the exit first, but of course there was something in town that particular night and they were sold out. A Holiday Inn Express and a Country Inn & Suites. The Country Inn & Suites was 90.00, just for reference. As tired as we were, we just went to the Sleep Inn. It looked semi-decent from the outside. What a mistake! Yuck. I usually stay at Hilton Garden Inns, Courtyards, and newer Holiday Inn Express & Hampton hotels, so maybe I am expecting too much. Here's the problem- this place was skeevy, disgusting, gross, and the cost? 87.47. 3.00 less than the Country Inn & Suites. Had it been 50.00, I would've suffered silently, but it wasn't! And it wasn't worth almost 90.00-- when we walked in the room, they still had the lovely and VERY outdated gross bedspreads on. Ours was a lovely orange color, covered in a HUGE stain that housekeeping could not have helped but see. So, immediately, it was ripped off the bed and thrown on the floor-- couldn't hurt it. The bedding consisted of a paper thin scratchy sheet and a dull brown blanket so pilled I think it might've served our servicemen in WW II. It was also disgusting. The mattress was of the quality that a summer camp cot might've had. The bathroom had dirt, chipped tile, gross baseboard in the corners. I didn't even want to shower the next morning, but a shower wakes me up and I was doing all the driving so I quickly did. We will absolutely NEVER stay in a SLEEP INN again-- they had one shot and they blew it. The a/c unit made a horrible racket and didn't work properly either. Man, really bad. No, I didn't call the front desk. The staff was friendly. But after you've driven more than 600 miles in one day with just 2 stops, you're exhausted and bed is what you want, not complaining, switching to another crappy room etc. We just went to bed and tried to sleep on the horrible bedding. I would much rather pay 10, 20, 30 dollars more per night and have a decent stay. And, as I said, it was only 3.00 less than the Country Inn & Suites. But Sleep Inn was the only hotel NOT sold out-- wonder why?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ghen13
GMSleep017, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for your comments and Please allow me to apologize for not providing you with a more comfortable room during your stay. We are halfway through our remodel and hope to have all new rooms in the very near future. I wish you had let me know of your concerns during your stay. I know you were tired but I would have loved to try and make it a better experience.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The staff at this location are fantastic,from the from desk to the room attendants.
A decent free breakfast,newspaper and the wifi speeds are pretty good as well.
All in all a good choice for the Orangeburg area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
GMSleep017, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. The staff was thrilled over your comments and asked me to print it for the bulletin board. :) You made our day!
Thanks again!