“Don't spend your money here, it's not worth it!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Orangeburg
“Don't spend your money here, it's not worth it!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Judging from the outside of this place & the lobby you would think you are staying at a nice clean hotel ...that is until you get to your room!!! We just stayed here last night & I couldn't believe it...the walls were filthy, and the wall next to the bed looked like someone had spilled their drink & it. Was never wiped up,baseboards were scuffed dirty & dusty, the top blankets on both beds had questionable hairs all on them...leading me to wonder if the sheets had ever been washed!The coffee maker & microwave are definitely outdated & There was dust on the headboards above the bed, the desk & the welcome info book on the desk! There was what looked like slight mold starting up on the ceiling of the bathroom right above the shower & carpets were dirty! Made my skin crawl!!!! Thankfully we had used a coupon from freehotelcoupons.com for this sleep inn which saved us a little bit of money b/c $82 a night is outrageous for the quality of this place ... We spent $67 & I still think thats outrageous for a place like this ! I will be staying at the holiday inn &suites next store the next time we head that way! I PROMISE you do not want to stay here & pay that kind of money & even with the coupons!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank cnu25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stopped here on our annual migration south from Ontario. In the past we have stayed in Columbia and other Orangeburg hotels and have always been satisfied but this place took all the weaknesses of every place and put them all together. Front reception staff were uninterested, the room was very dirty. It looked like the walls were used as supports for work crews to tie their boots. The bathroom was a joke with the walls around the sink being very dirty and the sink barely cleaned. The toilet and shower combo were cramped and poorly thought out. The floors may have had a quick wipe...I'm not sure. Beds were tiny (not even double sized mattress). Breakfast was not memorable. Don't stay here no matter what the offer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank pinesrider
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family and I stayed here last week. we were very tired and were extremely hopeful they would have a room. The clerk was very friendly and assured us she would have us in a room in no time. The room was clean, fresh, comfortable and quite. The next morning I had the pleasure of talking with the manager Mandy. What a gem. I understand now why the staff was so delightful. They have a great leader. If you find yourself tired while traveling down I-26 be sure to stop at exit 145 at the sleep inn. You will get a good nights rest topped with a scoop of southern hospitality

• Stayed February 2013
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for one night on our way back to Florida last week. We have stayed at Sleep Inns in the past and have always found them to be a very nice motel. That changed last week after staying at this property. I will say the staff we encountered was very nice and helpful. The lobby looked fine. Things changed when we got to our room. Wallpaper is peeling, carpet has what appears to be burns and stains, bathroom baseboard tile was in dire need of repair, walls had stains throughout the room, especially above the headboard. Lighting was poor and just helped to make the room feel dirty. Inadequate amount of blankets for this time of year. At the breakfast room, the lighting was so poor you could not read a newspaper. The food selection was below average, coffee was totally watered down.
This hotel wreaks of a franchise owner wanting to extract as much money from it as possible and returning as little as possible to maintenance and upkeep and the bare minimum of guest amenities. Will not book another Sleep Inn again without first checking with TripAdvisor. There a many motels at this exit of I-26, you would do well to find another one regardless of the discounted coupons this property puts in those highway coupon books. We have stayed at this exit three times in the past and have had a much better experience than this.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
West Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel staff is amazing, which means a lot for tired travelers. The rooms are nice and the area is quiet despite how close it is to the highway. So many restaurants to choose from. I'm looking forward to the next stay I have there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I experienced the Sleep Inn for a two week period at the beginning of September. Being in the area working for an extended period of time, I wanted a hotel where I could relax and come back to a clean room. The staff did not disappoint! After being greeted warmly while walking through the lobby, I would return to my room; enjoying a fresh and neat room accompanied by cool air conditioning. The wireless internet access was also fantastic, allowing me to access to my work emails and correspond accordingly. Breakfast (Belgian waffle maker!) was a great way to start everyday. And a nice dip in the pool was a good way to cool down. All in all a great experience and next time I'm in town I will make a reservation again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I spent a week here for business and this hotel is one of the best that I've stayed in for price, comfort, and location. The rooms are incredibly clean and the service is wonderful. The staff is always helpful, polite and they love their job. We booked our room prior to arriving so the check-in process went incredibly smooth. Upon entering the room it was clean and smelled exactly that. The bed was nice and comfy and the shower was actually a decent size shower without a tub which is always a plus. Provided is the fridge, dresser, tv, microwave, coffee maker, free Wi-Fi which was surprisingly fast, and a computer in the lobby. Complimentary breakfast was more than just donuts and muffins and also included sausage/bacon, biscuits, a variety of cereal, waffles, coffee, juice, yogurt, pastries, and fruit which seems to be rare these days. The staff kept the area cleaned and well stocked so that none of the items ran out. The pool is well kept and perfect for a quick dip or a place to relax and get away from work. For dinner you don't have to travel far to find a place to eat. Within walking distance there is a McDonald's, Waffle House, KFC, Subway, Cracker Barrel, Wendy's, Zaxby's and even a Ruby Tuesday's. The manager, Mandy was also one of the sweetest people I have ever met and was so helpful, polite, and friendly. The best part about this particular sleep in is how Military friendly they are. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business