See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have no idea how this hotel got such a good rating. It was not the worst place I have ever stayed but not great at all. There was mold in the bathroom on the ceiling and in the grout. The tile was cracked in the shower area and the faucet was sticking out and had about an inch of clear silicone on it. There was a big crack at the bottom of the door. The heating/cooling unit is over top of the fridge and never shut off. It ran all the time unless you wanted to manually turn it on and off. It was a cheap place to stay. We paid $50 a night including our taxes. This was late Feb. so it was probably a deal. If you wanted to cook you could but we did not use the stove or microwave. There is no pool here if that is important to you.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank tlwest
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed here because of Trip Advisor ratings and most proved true. Ecnomical, clean, but most of all very quaint; like going back many years. Safe, just across the street from the beach. The host will make you fill quite at home, showing you to your room and he is always available to answer any questions. He was also our source for finding a really great restaurant (Snooky's) that we can't wait to visit again.

It is not a high rise and does not have all the modern ammenities, but you get your money's worth.

Room tip: Offers a varieity of room combinations
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Noisettiana
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have been staying at the High Tide Motel over 10 years. There is NO other place I would rather be! It is clean, good rates, Norris the manager is a sweet heart and across the street from the beach. If you go to the beach to be at the beach it is for you. I would rather stay here than any other place, don't need a hot tub in my room or a heated pool. I can stay in Atlanta (at home) and get that. JUST A CLEAN ROOM AND THE BEACH! You can get a room, efficiency or a 2 bedroom apt. Then you have money left to walk to great restaurants or bars and enjoy the beach. You will never go wrong with the High Tide Motel and its owner Tom Leeper! The best North Myrtle Beach has to offer!!!!!! Can't wait to see you next year!

Room tip: All the rooms are great.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank nmyrtlebeachgirl
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Enjoyed my stay at High Tide and will come again. Across the street from the beach, restaurants close, great place.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank LakeJake
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed this place in July 2011. We didn't have reservation, but manager arranged our stay quickly... :-) He was very friendly and provide us with good information about restaurant and things. Little old, but it was kept clean.

Location was awesome too. Price was GREAT! We saved money to stay and was able to do extra things. We'll definitely stay this place again. :-)

Date of stay: July 2011