Avista Resort
Rodeway Inn(North Myrtle Beach)
$71
RodewayInn
Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
The Prince Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$93
Quality Inn & Suites(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$105
QualityInn
Seaside(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$115
Edgewater Inn(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
$129
Beach Cove Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$131
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$110
$72
2,403 results
All reviewsacross the streetwasher dryer combopool areaocean frontmurphy bedparking garagelazy riverthe kitchennorth towerliving roomgreat resortbedroom oceanfrontmain sthigher floornorth myrtlethree bedroomfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We had a 3 BR beachfront corner condo and it was AWESOME! This room gave everyone a bedroom w/ an oceanview. Since we had 2 families & a grandmother, this was important to all.
Our room was hugh and no one was crowding the other ones space. It too was nice to have our own bathrooms--no sharing w/the others. Not much for kids to do but play at the pool or stay on the beach. Poolside entertainment would've been nice. We have always stayed at Grande Shore (a sister property) but chose Avista this yr. for the larger condo. One complaint was after I received my quote, by phone, it did'nt stand when I called back to accept for the reservation. The actual quote they had given me was at Grande Shores which was about $300.00 less than Avista. I did, after speaking w/ 3 different people, make my reservation w/ them but I had to pay the greater amt., of course. Overall everythings was "tip-top" but w/ kids I will probably return to Grande Shores!
Oh yeah-parking STINKS-unless u r n a small car!!

Stayed: June 2007
5  Thank titaNc
Reviewed August 25, 2007

The resort is located North of Myrtle Beach and allows for some privacy. However, be careful of the waterbugs because they take over the resort at night time. The first few nights at around 10:00 p.m., the large cockroaches took over the pool area but after the 4th day the exterminater finally had a handle on it. The room was small but very cozy and clean. I had a two bedroom unit and was disappointed that there was only 2 tvs. One tv in what I belived was the master beedroom and the other in the living room. the guest room was without. The two beedroom unit comfortably slept three. Me and my husband. My mother in the other bedroom and my 7 year old on the coach. Bring plenty of quarters for the laundry and your hiking boots. This resort has no activities and also a lot of steps and no elevator. There also is no security on staff and you are on your own. I enjoyed my experience at Myrlte Beach but would not stay at this resort again.

Reviewed August 24, 2007

Was there from August 15th thru the 19th. 2 rooms- 2baths. clean bathrooms! nice view from room. we parked across the street. the elevator in parking building does not have A/C. the hotel/resort doesn't have 24 room service. i wish they did. the staff was friendly. would consider staying there again

4  Thank southernbell7777
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Here's my complaint. We stayed at the Avista from Thursday, 8/16 to Sunday, 8/19. I was quoted a rate by phone of $189.65 per night. Yes, per night. They ran my card for $189.65 (non-refundable). I never received a confirmation e-mail or letter. When I arrived I was informed that my balance due was $453.00. After going around in circles for several minutes with a clerk who could not perform simple math (even with a calculator) the manager was summoned. Guess what? The room rate was actually $189.65 for Thursday night but $226.50 per night for Sat/Sun. Granted, it’s not uncommon for hotels/ resorts to raise rates on the weekend, but this was not the quoted rate. The manager refused to honor the quoted rate because I had no proof. To that end, he was correct I had no ‘proof” but at the time I made the reservation I really didn’t think I needed to record the conversation.

Perhaps it was my fault for being so lax as to not demand a confirmation letter? Maybe, but I really didn’t anticipate a problem. Perhaps the reservation person made an honest mistake? Maybe, but as I stood there facing a manager who was telling me “there’s nothing I can do” I felt like I had been “had.” I guess I could have stomped away mad and gone to another hotel, but consider this…by the time we arrived at the Avista we had been on the road approximately 10 hours. I was traveling with my wife and toddler son. My son was cranky and we were all tired and hungry. Walking away from the Avista meant having to go through the headache of trying to find another resort during peak season. So, I paid up. My advice? Get your rate in writing. Period. They won’t budge without proof. Interestingly enough, I see that another reviewer below (8/17) had an issue “sprung” on them at check in and was called a liar More ironic is that it looks like it happened about the same time as my little incident. Hmmm… I smell a rat….

Our stay was o.k. The Avista is nothing spectacular. Overall, it’s a family friendly resort. Parking got a little hectic. The garage is really confined and crossing the street to get to it with a toddler got scary. Access to the beach was realtively easy. The room was clean and serviceable although the beds could use an upgrade- not much more comfortable than your average dorm or military bed. There is a great supermarket (IGA) about one mile up the road that has just about everything you need. And, btw, be sure to inventory your glasses, silverware etc.. We were short several items and the knob on the stove was missing. I’m willing to bet that if you can’t “prove” (ha, ha,) that you didn’t take them, they will charge you.

4  Thank Kurious
JREggen, General Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2007

I know sometimes people like to jump on the bandwagon but I would like to clarify our position in regard to the comments from this guest. When making a reservation we only charge the first nights deposit but we provide the TOTAL for the stay and send the confirmation to every guest with the total cost. This was done with this guest and her pain exactly what he was quoted and agreed to, the daily amount is not what we quote and he should have acknowledged that he paid no more than he agreed to. There was no deception and any guest who stayed here will know this is the truth. We are sorry this person was looking for a problem where one did not exist.

Reviewed August 21, 2007

I planned our family vacation based on several reviews I had read about the Avista Resort. Everything was as I read and exactly what I expected. The Hotel was new and very Clean. Housekeeping didn't just straighten up our room, they really mopped up floors... and even cleaned my baby bottles and any dishes that I had left in the sink. The kitchen area is small, but sufficient for the amount of cooking we did while on vacation. We did use the room service on a few occasions and the service was excellent and the food was great too.
We stayed in a one bedroom with 2 double beds. It was 2 adults, 2 kids 4 & 6 and 2 pack and plays for my 8 month old twins. We all fit in one room with no problem. There was a murphy bed and a sofa bed in LR that we didn't even need to use.
The bathroom was very roomy and although it was a pedestal sink there was plenty of space for all toiletries.
The pools are not huge, but there are plenty of them. Indoor and out door pools and lazy rivers. Only complaint was no life guards. Poolside bar made great frozen drinks.
I had read complaints about the parking and yes the garage is across the street, but that only bothered my husband as we were dropped off at the door of hotel. It really wasn't bad he said.
This 17 floor hotel has 3 elevators and we never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes for one.
Overall we had a great stay at the Avista Resort and will be returning for sure. I have already recommended it to my friends and would recommend it to any one reading this.

• Stayed: August 2007